The Student Room Group

epq

I'm in year 13 and am going to do an epq but I'm not sure if my idea will be enough for it and I'm afraid I wont have enough to write about. I want to do it on anime and well my ideas include;
- common tropes and themes in anime and manga
- reception from the audiences in Japan, Korea and western audiences
- common story arcs and where different plot points happen in stories
- cultural differences and how it affects the story and reception
- character tropes

However, I'm very conflicted since some teachers and peers are telling me to continue and do it on something I'm interested in but others are telling me to link it to my A- level subjects and Uni course choice. This is hard since I still don't know what I want to do at Uni. So yeah can someone pls give me some advice idk I'm here because I'm just lost
This is where you need to step up and start to address those bigger picture questions yourself.
Plan what you want to do at uni first.
Original post by kharaa
I'm in year 13 and am going to do an epq but I'm not sure if my idea will be enough for it and I'm afraid I wont have enough to write about. I want to do it on anime and well my ideas include;
- common tropes and themes in anime and manga
- reception from the audiences in Japan, Korea and western audiences
- common story arcs and where different plot points happen in stories
- cultural differences and how it affects the story and reception
- character tropes

However, I'm very conflicted since some teachers and peers are telling me to continue and do it on something I'm interested in but others are telling me to link it to my A- level subjects and Uni course choice. This is hard since I still don't know what I want to do at Uni. So yeah can someone pls give me some advice idk I'm here because I'm just lost

I think the University of Southampton will lower their offer by one grade if you get an A in EPQ, but only if it is related to the subject you want to study. Might be wrong though. However, you are probably more likely to do well if it is something you are interested in (as you will dedicate more time to it), so if you are not sure what you want to study then maybe just go with it. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending