The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mine was philosophy about qualia and the subjective character of conscious experience
I chose history and wrote about the circumstances that helped Lithuania regain its independence in 1990.
I have EE in History and write about to what extent did the Nazi rule change German art in the interwar period :smile: I have 1200 words as for now... And the deadline on 3. March
Hi,

Im thinking about doing my EE on film and i was interested in tim burton and looking into his particular style of portraying characters. Do yo have any advice? :smile: and if dont mind me asking how much did you get for your ee? Thank you!
I want to write from English A literature, category 2. I want my research question to be something like "To what extend does alienation from society cause individuals to judge/criticize it?"

The books I chose are Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai.

please help? our teacher is so terrific that she wasn't familiar with the ee guide enough to know that you such a two-books-one-in-translation essay was possible... EE Report Form 1 is due next week, she already "approved" the above topic but I doubt she knows what shes doing....
Thankfully I got my EE done and sent off two years ago now, but I did mine in Maths, on the topic of “Comparing Archimedes’ theoretical method for approximating π with the experimental value obtained through Buffon’s Needle approach.” :smile: I think I got an A for that...
(English A, Language & Literature) "What Linguistic Patterns Are Evident in Spoken and Written News Articles About Daesh and How Do These Compare To the Ones Found in the News Articles About the Nazis From 1940-1945?"
I've been thinking about my research question for geography and I want to base my research around the London 2012 Olympics.

To what extent did the London 2012 Olympic Games impact upon the regeneration of Stratford

Is this a suitable question or is it not specific enough. If not does anyone have any ideas. (I think that deprivation is quite an interesting topic relating to the regeneration of Stratford)
Ib extended essay in English literature! Would love to write about the female role in a century and how it is presented in a book! Any advice ?
I did a psych EE on the extent that comorbid anxiety and bipolar disorder affect risk of suicidal behavior..

its ****ing hell and so ****ing annoyingly hard to research on... idk if its just the way I was told to do it by the supervisor or the expectation I had for the EE, but it was so hard and so stressful. Everything ended up being inferred and I had to read 50+ actual scientific psychology researches ranging from quantitative/qualitative type researches to reviews and meta-analysis.. There is just no end and they also have to be updated and it can't be too outdated.. I swear its so much work and the worst part is that YOU CAN'T WRITE CONVINCING ******** because EVERYTHING needs to be supported and cited like wtf. to add to it, I was the only one doing a psych EE because everyone else in my year was afraid of it... so yeah.. I had zero mental support from friends :smile:
Original post by stressed_:x
My EE was a really enjoyable experience - I did it in History. "Was the legal abolition of sati (burning a woman with her husbands dead body) in 1829 more strongly advocated by the British colonialists or the Indian people?" It took forever to research and write, but it was very interesting and personally enriching. i sound like SUCH a nerd, but i think it's a great way to learn how to write a proper paper/dissertation before you get into the scary stuff at uni. 4000 words really is not enough - my final draft was 3994 words!!! I suggest you people still thinking about what to do make sure you choose something you feel personally attached to and think you would enjoy finding out more about. Also, try and do something connected to the career you would eventually like to pursue (i want to do law, therefore legal women's rights...) Seriously, it's a good opportunity so don't waste it on a topic you completely dread studying from the start!!

I realise that this was from 2004, but in the hope that you possibly will see this. Can I read it? Sounds sooo interesting
Original post by Alba.G.U
Ib extended essay in English literature! Would love to write about the female role in a century and how it is presented in a book! Any advice ?

Jane Eyre!
Can someone please suggest some good extended essay topic for physics or chemistry please ?
Original post by vedant2019
Can someone please suggest some good extended essay topic for physics or chemistry please ?

Nobody is just going to hand you a topic on a silver platter. It's really dependent on the person and their interests. If I give you a topic and you don't enjoy it, you aren't going to score extremely well on it... Some ways to narrow your topic down: What topics in chemistry or physics are you interested? What within that topic is something you want to look into? Is it feasible within a short period of time?- Without the answers to these questions, it would be hard for anybody to help you find a direction to a perfect topic tailored to you. You should have an EE advisor to discuss this with as well, but I recognise that not every student has a good EE advisor tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did my EE in Social & Cultural Anthropology, looking at how women have been affected by globalisation in the Maasai and Yanomami tribes. Was really fun to write, but hard to research for women in particular, but was very satisfied with the end result.
Original post by Bookends
I did catcher in the rye too, I wrote about how Holden is affected by his brother Allie's death.

What was your research question?
I am doing mine on The Catcher In The Rye as well but having trouble formulation a question.
I was thinking maybe establishing a connection between teens nowadays and Holden?
can anyone give me good topics for the extended essay
Original post by Siddharthm
can anyone give me good topics for the extended essay

Subject?
i was thinking of doing english or economics
Original post by Siddharthm
i was thinking of doing english or economics

Lol, then I cant help. Did mine in Maths.

Latest