The Student Room Group

November criminals

can anyone explain it so that I can understand it?
You can gaze into the future(future ,future)
You might think life would be a breeze(life is a breeze)
Seeing trouble from a distance(Yeah!)(go Rae)
But then it's not that easy(oh no)
I try to save the situation
Then I end up misbehaving (ohohohoh)

[Eddie's Rap]
Hey now what ya say now
Bout to put down
Yeah come on and ride with Rae now
And if the future looks gray now
Then everything's gonna change now
(Let's rock)

That's so Raven (it's the future i can see)
That's so Raven (it's so mysterious to me)
( YEAH!)
Reply 2
Original post by quackers2003
You can gaze into the future(future ,future)
You might think life would be a breeze(life is a breeze)
Seeing trouble from a distance(Yeah!)(go Rae)
But then it's not that easy(oh no)
I try to save the situation
Then I end up misbehaving (ohohohoh)

[Eddie's Rap]
Hey now what ya say now
Bout to put down
Yeah come on and ride with Rae now
And if the future looks gray now
Then everything's gonna change now
(Let's rock)

( YEAH!)

BIG fan of Disney myself, but this has nothing to do with my question. Anyway i LOVED that's so raven
Original post by miss_ambitious
can anyone explain it so that I can understand it?

Basically, towards the end of WW1 the lower ranks of the german military and the german people had no idea that the war was going so badly for them, while the upper ranks (politicians and high-ranking military officials) were realising that it would be impossible for them to win. Prince Max (the chancellor at the time) sent a peace note to President Wilson to ask for armistice, causing the german people's morale to shatter, as they had no idea that the war could not be won until that point. They believed that they could have still won, and blamed the upper ranks for revolting against the people (the revolution from above). The military officials and politicians who called for peace (mostly the politicians) were blamed for germany's defeat and labelled as the 'November criminals' because they signed the treaty of Versailles and agreed to an armistice that would have hugely negative effects on germany in november of 1918, which many germans believed they did not need.

Hope this helps! :h:

Spoiler

Reply 5
The important stuff's already been mentioned, but I'll add a couple of things. The German people thought the Treaty of Versailles was 'Diktat' (dictated peace), and believed the November Criminals were traitors, leading to the 'Stab in the back theory.' Kaiser Wilhelm fled Germany after the war, and the temporary Government which followed was seen as responsible for Germany's problems. She was left with a debt of £6.6 billion in reparations to France and had to accept war guilt. The Treaty of Versailles also meant the loss of much land (including that they had gained because of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk), and a cap on the military. As you can imagine, the German people were not best pleased, and this is what led to their hatred of the November Criminals.
I believe there's a mention of the 'Stab in the back theory' in 'Making History' by Stephen Fry, which probably sums this up better than I can, but I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending