The Student Room Group

Bremainers are almost guilty of treason

Scroll to see replies

Well it's a free country, so "treason" (as you put it) is not a crime anyway.

As stupid as these posts are, people are allowed to call their MPs and voice whatever concerns they have. They are, after all, our elected representatives in parliament.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by floury
You are simply a New World Orderist. Please don't listen to him people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you please explain why you believe me to be a "New World Orderist"?
It was an non-binding advisory referendum ffs. Besides, f there was a re-referendum, remain would win.

The Brexit campaign was hardly healthy for democracy, which requires an informed voting population. We have a representative democracy whereby we elect MPs who act on our behalf, using their expertise. Treason as an offence is as stupid and undemocratic as blind nationalism that calls upon it. And the Queen swaying a vote is very undemocratic too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by welshiee
I wouldn't take any of them seriously. Neither of them are capable of rational or logical thought and both go on ideological and emotionally driven ramblings that would lead most sane people to backing away from them in any social encounter.

What has Kuncker said that is remotely compatible to saying the queen is a lizard? Can you give me an example of where he has come out with an official statement that is illogical or irrational?

Do you have any evidence for such a ridiculous assertion? Come on, you usually come out with decent posts. You're better than this nonsense.

Polls have shown that brexiters are far more prone to conspiracy theories and a large number believed that the referendum would be rigged- as evidenced by the craze about bringing pens.

Additionally, a large degree of the pro brexit comments on here and other sites indicate a conspiracist.
As expected, childishness. I guess the comment about you throwing a fit about sweets in Waitrose was close to the mark then.

If you say so :cute:

Still waiting for the impending apocalypse.........The irony is that most adults on Reddit who are also partaking in a similar discussion are happy to agree both campaigns lied. Its only on here where the children wreak havoc that tribalism and pettiness means that truth will not come to the fore of any discussion on the topic.

lol, no high-profile leave campaigners predicted apocalypse, in fact they made a point of not doing that

Because Reddit is a real bastion of intellectual, nuanced debate, isn't it? :lol: You can keep using that child joke, it was dead the first time but if it makes you feel better...

As requested previously, something you have ignored, can you tell me how many people partook in the opinion poll? What was the sample size?

You can look it up here: http://www.pewforum.org/2016/05/12/changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

Pew Research Center's generally a well-respected organisation, so I can't really be arsed to find out how many people they asked. It's not like anti-gay attitudes in America (and in a lot of places) are/were a secret, anyway. If they had done the poll in 1940 it probably would have been 95+% opposed to it. The point is, the popular opinion is not always the right one - that's not a point of contention.

Yes, nice to see that your view of democracy is distorted to the point you have contempt for it.

I've already explained this, but I'll give it a go again: I don't have any contempt for the kind of democracy this country usually uses to decide important questions, just for the kind that allows the easily-swayed, uninformed masses to dictate my future to me.

I'm not upset. I just know that you're a hypocrite. You like democracy when it goes your way, and you show petulance, childlike immaturity and contempt for it when it doesn't.

I'd accept this decision if it came from Parliament (but, again, Parliament would have never voted to Leave), because it's an MP's job to be informed - obviously, it's naive to think they all vote based on rational and informed opinions, but that's the way it is. In any case, I place a much higher degree of trust in my MP to vote properly than the average citizen.

I know what it means. Thanks for the concern though.

I don't think you do, actually. Something can't be "vehemently" less important than something else. :teehee:
Original post by Andy98
Come back when you've actually done some research

How do you know he hasn't done some research, for all we know you may not even understand what GDP is

Original post by Alexion
:rofl:
yep, let's hang, draw and quarter 48% of the population :facepalm2:

He didn't say those who voted remain, that's their democratic right, he meant those who are still trying to deny and overturn the result of the referendum.

Not every remain voter thinks that the democratic result shouldn't be respected, just the anti democartic ones - are you one of them?

Original post by the bear
ermm the Robust Quid is down again today against the Euro.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/5142-gbp-today-3212**

The pound probably will drop for a while short term which isn't ideal, but it doesn't mean the UK is doomed, as we are well equiped to deal with and even take advantage of the fluctuations in currency

we're still much better of with the pound than the euro - joining that would be disaster
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Treason as an offence is as stupid and undemocratic as blind nationalism that calls upon it. And the Queen swaying a vote is very undemocratic too.

There is nothing wrong with the people of a country wishing to protect and preserve their way of life, their fundamental values, their culture, traditions and customs, their very land. There is nothing at all wrong with Nationalism.

It is the aim of the corrupt cesspit EU to brainwash people into thinking that Nationalism is a bad thing, an out-dated concept. The EU wants to breed a huge collective of "nothing people". A collective of people who have been "neutered" of their heritage, history and culture. They can not control effectively a mass of different cultures who all want to live differently.

It IS treason to openly oppose and damage the country's national status, it's security, it's justice system and its sovereignty.

There is a long line of corrupt EU stooge politicians who have all engaged in acts of treason over the years.

They have slowly and stealthily signed EU treaties that have transferred the sovereignty of this country over to a foreign power.

They have slowly and stealthily signed EU treaties that have transferred the UK justice system over to a foreign power justice system.

At no stage were the people of the UK consulted or given a democratic vote on whether they wanted their sovereignty to be sold down the river to foreign powers.

To make matters worse, the one person who is the last line of defence against such blatant corruption, the one person with the ultimate power to veto and reject such treaties and agreements, The Queen, gave those treaties Royal Assent and in so doing broke her Coronation Oath.

If the King or Queen of a country is not going to stand up and protect the very sovereignty of that country then really what is their purpose ?

The Queen should have refused to give Royal Assent. She should have acted n the interests of her people, not in the interest of EU megalomaniacs and at the least, she should have insisted on a referendum. She didn't. She gave Assent to the EU Treaties one after the other and saw our very sovereignty and justice system sold down the river to foreign powers. Why would she do that?
Because there is a wider global agenda going on which is all headed by Common Purpose, Freemasonry and all the associated secret societies and bloodlines. Read this for info on that:

https://www.crossroad.to/articles2/2012/James/freemasonry-queen.htm

"Democracies do not impede their activities in any significant way since each democracy, whether large or small, is really a system of rotating puppets. In fact, democracies are often their preferred system of governance since they reinforce the illusion that a free and popular consensus is directing each country."

All of these people SHOULD be put on trial for treason. They have undermined the British Constitution, Common Law, principles that were put in place many years ago, the backbone of our country.
(edited 6 years ago)
"Oh my god, like - we have the right to free speech and the right to protest and stand up against the establishment and the bureaucrats in Brussels!"

*claims people who voted differently to them are basically committing treason by protesting the winning vote*

The irony.
Original post by ivybridges
*claims people who voted differently to them are basically committing treason by protesting the winning vote*

People can rant and rave all they like, but the democratic decision MUST stand regardless. That's the point.

Imagine if, upon losing the World Cup Final, the England team ranted and raved and were permitted to force another game for the title . . . and could do that until they got the result they wanted . . . . It would be utterly farcical.

BrExit MUST go ahead, otherwise it is clear that our perception of a democracy is a complete sham.
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
People can rant and rave all they like, but the democratic decision MUST stand regardless. That's the point.

Imagine if, upon losing the World Cup Final, the England team ranted and raved and were permitted to force another game for the title . . . and could do that until they got the result they wanted . . . . It would be utterly farcical.

BrExit MUST go ahead, otherwise it is clear that our perception of a democracy is a complete sham.

People can still oppose it and protest it. It was close, it wasn't a sweeping victory for one side over the other. It needs to be adhered to, I agree (unfortunately). But it isn't treasonous to contest it.
Original post by ivybridges
People can still oppose it and protest it. It was close, it wasn't a sweeping victory for one side over the other. It needs to be adhered to, I agree (unfortunately). But it isn't treasonous to contest it.

It was a victory by a margin of about 1.2 million people but that doesn't really matter. A victory is a victory and that's the process.

Anyone attempting to subvert the result is simply acting against the democratic process and given this is supposed to be fundamentally a democratic country then such actions are actions against the country itself.

By all means contest the result if you think polling stations were being fraudulent or that there has been some form of cheating. No problem with that.

Otherwise, you have to accept the democratic decision. Those that don't like that democratic process can either campaign to change the process or move to a country without democracy.
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
There is nothing wrong with the people of a country wishing to protect and preserve their way of life, their fundamental values, their culture, traditions and customs, their very land. There is nothing at all wrong with Nationalism.

You are quite correct. And the national British values I hold are those inline with our constitution which sees the rule of law, democracy, individual liberty and mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith held at its heart.

The sort of Nationalism you seem to be talking about is rather old fashioned and old hat. It involves a pair of rose tinted spectacles, songs of the war and a hark back to the days when most people didn't have a washing machine or fridge (unlike the US) despite the fact you could stand in India and call it British soil.

You seem to completely forget that Britain's strength has been built on those who come to our shores and then take what they make to foreign lands. Always has done. Hopefully, always will. Our success in the future will always be through cooperation and understanding on a world stage, not manning the barricades with fixed bayonets because they don't like it up 'em Mannering.

Quick Reply

Latest