The Student Room Group

I am flat-chested and I don't really like it :/

Hello!

This is a pretty stupid topic to be stressing about, I know. But I am really unhappy with my chest size! There have been nights where I would cry in bed and in the shower because everybody has cleavage and big boobs and I don't. It's really quite embarrassing actually! I'm barely an A cup, but I can fit into some AA size bras also.

It's quite difficult not to stress about this, when most guys are visual creatures. My boyfriend recently dumped me and I think that it might have been because I wouldn't let him touch my chest when he kept trying to, but how could I when I am uncomfortable with it?

I would do anything to get bigger boobs! I am 16 years old, and I am so tempted to get a boob job when I turn 18! My mother says that boob jobs can cause cancer, which is really the only thing that might stop me from getting one.

Anyway, I am really depressed about this and just find it so unfair! My mates often make jokes about how the guy I dated had "bigger" boobs than me. They say it in front of everyone and it is really quite embarrassing. It means that my chest size is obviously noticeably too small, as it is always on their minds for them to think about.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I would say that you really should focus on tackling your mentality around this topic rather than changing yourself, especially because you fear you aren't able to turn on men. It's not a good enough excuse to start tampering with your body, I feel.

There are men around who like smaller girls, men around who like bigger girls, men around who don't like girls at all. There's no specifics about how to be attractive for a man.

Chin up - you're great the way you are and your teenage years are always intense and full of conflicting thoughts like these so if you really do want that surgery, you need to wait and contemplate things, as far as I'm concerned. 16 is still very young - I thought I knew what I wanted in some respects at that age and my God does it change!

Hope things work out and you start to feel better about the issue. :hugs:
I think that the world today, especially how the media presents women and the 'ideal' beauty standard for women is a completely unrealistic goal. If I were you I would stay away from the boob job, as it can cause many health issues. And I don't blame you for thinking about it as it's a common topic for girls in their teens (trust me. I'm 16). But I think that what you need to do is ignore other people's opions and comments and think about yourself. Because one of the main reasons you seem to be worried about is what other people think eg. Your ex. And it's hard being a teenage girl with so many beauty standards to live up to. But everything you see online or in magazines is photoshopped so don't compare yourself to anyone but you. And women come in all different shapes and sizes and as long as you learn to be comfortable in yourself, you will feel so much better. I know I rambles a bit there but I hope it helps :smile:
Original post by Wary_Mouse
Hello!

This is a pretty stupid topic to be stressing about, I know. But I am really unhappy with my chest size! There have been nights where I would cry in bed and in the shower because everybody has cleavage and big boobs and I don't. It's really quite embarrassing actually! I'm barely an A cup, but I can fit into some AA size bras also.

It's quite difficult not to stress about this, when most guys are visual creatures. My boyfriend recently dumped me and I think that it might have been because I wouldn't let him touch my chest when he kept trying to, but how could I when I am uncomfortable with it?

I would do anything to get bigger boobs! I am 16 years old, and I am so tempted to get a boob job when I turn 18! My mother says that boob jobs can cause cancer, which is really the only thing that might stop me from getting one.

Anyway, I am really depressed about this and just find it so unfair! My mates often make jokes about how the guy I dated had "bigger" boobs than me. They say it in front of everyone and it is really quite embarrassing. It means that my chest size is obviously noticeably too small, as it is always on their minds for them to think about.

Awwww man. That sucks, you really shouldn't do that to yourself. Maybe your boobs will grow and maybe they won't, its not the end of the world girl. A lot of guys really arent into huge boobs anyways, studies show thay fewer men are interested in them compared to 30 years ago. If you want to get a boob job, thats your choice and its your body. I don't think you should subject yourself to others and change yourself that much, but its up to you. Hopfuly you'll fund someone who can appreciate your body for what it is, and maybe if you were more comfortable, let your boyfriend around your chest. He may prove to be encouraging and supportive anyways. Good luck.
Hello!

Boob jobs do not cause cancer - don't know where your mum got that one from. But that said - you have not finished growing and will probably fill out in the next couple of years.

However, don't stress too much about it. I think all of us are unhappy about some part of us - I hated my nose as it was too big. SO much so that I had a nose job - and guess what - NOBODY noticed. Big breasts can be a problem - running is awful and squeezing into too tight clothes is horrible. There are plenty of bras that are padded and you can get these inserts that make you look bigger. I have large breasts and I would love to reduce them. Also any man that finishes with you because of your breasts is so shallow. And tell your mates that you don't like them making fun of you.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Boob jobs do not cause cancer - don't know where your mum got that one from. But that said - you have not finished growing and will probably fill out in the next couple of years.

However, don't stress too much about it. I think all of us are unhappy about some part of us - I hated my nose as it was too big. SO much so that I had a nose job - and guess what - NOBODY noticed. Big breasts can be a problem - running is awful and squeezing into too tight clothes is horrible. There are plenty of bras that are padded and you can get these inserts that make you look bigger. I have large breasts and I would love to reduce them. Also any man that finishes with you because of your breasts is so shallow. And tell your mates that you don't like them making fun of you.

No, they don't cause cancer but they definitely increase the chances of cancer by over a quarter according to NHS studies into the correlation. But yeah, it's slightly over the top to call it a cancer cause to be fair!
i would die to be in your place, you can wear whatever you want without your chest poking out and catching perverted man staring at it. Any dress/ outfits will suit you well, i realised having large boobs makes you look thicker than you really are and i hate that.
Do you have a nice ass?
in terms of physical attraction

i like small bewbs

also face > everything

(as long as you're not fat)
Original post by LazyBazooka
Do you have a nice ass?

I don't think OP was really looking for people to further objectify her physicality.
Hello!

Stop stressing and start lifting, because when you're tits aren't growing, you can focus on other parts of you're body e.g. the booty (Yes, i am a Assman - people like me exist :wink:)

Girls can focus on growing abs or do squats to make their ass bigger. There are guys out there who prefer a girl that goes to the gym compared to one that doesn't (*raises hand*).

You shouldn't worry because at the end of the day Flat is Justice.
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Stop stressing and start lifting, because when you're tits aren't growing, you can focus on other parts of you're body e.g. the booty (Yes, i am a Assman - people like me exist :wink:)

Girls can focus on growing abs or do squats to make their ass bigger. There are guys out there who prefer a girl that goes to the gym compared to one that doesn't (*raises hand*).

Or girls can just focus on not going through so many hurdles to please men? Or indeed other women.

I swear down your a member of the Islamic Society. Lower your gaze brother, God did not make this halal for you. Wait till I tell the mandem on I-SOC.
Reply 13
Thank you everyone for all of your encouraging comments and stuff. I know that I *should* be focusing on other things like my mentality, and I know that nobody is perfect and stuff. But it's hard to change my mindset, especially since I am a bit of a pessimist.
Original post by HabibSyed
I swear down your a member of the Islamic Society. Lower your gaze brother, God did not make this halal for you. Wait till I tell the mandem on I-SOC.

Bro it's hard, especially when most of these girls dress so scantily. I mean i try, but I've been a pervert for the past 5 years - it's hard to stop old habits. :ashamed2:
Original post by ivybridges
Or girls can just focus on not going through so many hurdles to please men? Or indeed other women.

But homeboy, she's worrying about her physical appeal - she even cries about it. Isn't it advice that i'm giving her, so that she can focus on other things and maybe have a goal in mind.
You're probably sick of hearing this but your breast continue to grow for quite a while. Beyond after your height as stopped. You should manage to fill out an A cup eventually.

Heck I had a breast growth spurt in my second year of uni aged 20.

Most of your attitude is in your head. I felt like you at 16, not now. Huge boobs aren't really in fashion, fake ones definitely aren't. Natural is very much the way forward.
Bro it's hard, especially when most of these girls dress so scantily. I mean i try, but I've been a pervert for the past 5 years - it's hard to stop old habits. :ashamed2:

what are these habits? :beard:
But homeboy, she's worrying about her physical appeal - she even cries about it. Isn't it advice that i'm giving her, so that she can focus on other things and maybe have a goal in mind.

No, not really. Because its advice that worsens her issues - you're pushing her to phyiscally act on the 'problem' so that she's more 'pleasing' to the eyes of certain men. I feel that to be wrong.
Everyone has something on their body they don't like, trust me. People who make jokes about it however are jerks especially if they know you feel that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending