The Student Room Group

Is it possible to study A levels with international distance learning?

Hey guys! I just want to know if it is possible to study a levels through distance learning. I'm 19 and I really want to get a science degree. I did a foundation programme right after i finished school but I realised like a year after that I can't progress to getting a degree in for example medicine or nuclear science without A levels.

I'm also curious as to what it's like studying A levels online and if it would really benefit me in the end. I would also really like to know what colleges offer this. Thank you c:
Original post by Dafne_8
Hey guys! I just want to know if it is possible to study a levels through distance learning. I'm 19 and I really want to get a science degree. I did a foundation programme right after i finished school but I realised like a year after that I can't progress to getting a degree in for example medicine or nuclear science without A levels.

I'm also curious as to what it's like studying A levels online and if it would really benefit me in the end. I would also really like to know what colleges offer this. Thank you c:

Why do you need to do distance learning?

What country are you in?

If abroad is it impossible to do IAL or IGCE?

More information about your situation please.

The difficulties tend to be:

1. Finding an exam centre.
2. Finding somewhere to do any practicals.
3. I cant recommend any distance learners, but make sure you check out reviews before committing as some might be ok, but others could be rubbish.
4. Distance learning doesnt suit everyone. It requires discipline and self motivation. You need to be determined and sick at something till you understand it. Its a very strange thing and not for all.

Yes its possible to teach yourself or do distance learning, its just knowledge. 1 and 2 are problematic, but solvable.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Why do you need to do distance learning?

What country are you in?

If abroad is it impossible to do IAL or IGCE?

More information about your situation please.

The difficulties tend to be:

1. Finding an exam centre.
2. Finding somewhere to do any practicals.
3. I cant recommend any distance learners, but make sure you check out reviews before committing as some might be ok, but others could be rubbish.
4. Distance learning doesnt suit everyone. It requires discipline and self motivation. You need to be determined and sick at something till you understand it. Its a very strange thing and not for all.

Yes its possible to teach yourself or do distance learning, its just knowledge. 1 and 2 are problematic, but solvable.

Thanks for the reply. I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Idid my GCSE's in school. But i didn't move onto to a levels, instead I just did a foundation programme. There are exam centres here with the British council. I'm not sure about a place to do practicals though.
how did it go? did you find an online learning provider? if yes, which one and did you like it?

Quick Reply

Latest