The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mark jam
Applying to EEE engineering

GCSES: mostly A*s
AS LEVEL: AAAA (maths,further maths ,phsyics,economics)
A LEVEL PREDICTIONS: (A*A*A*A)

Competitive?

I'd say you have a 60/70% of getting an offer. If your personal statement and references are good you'll be in.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by ArafatQ
Hey, I want to apply for BEng/ Meng Computer Science.

I had an offer from Imperial last year of A*AA with 2 in STEP 2 but a bunch of stuff happened in my life and I so, I couldn't study properly, hence I didn't meet my offer. I want to re apply and have organised an internship at a tech startup.

What I achieved last year:
Maths - A
F. Maths - A
Physics - B

Predicted:
Maths - A*
F. Maths - A*
Physics - A*

Is there any hope?
Please advise me, I really want to do everything I can to get in.

You'll get an offer again I think but take MAT instead of STEP if your course allow it.
Original post by PMC01234
You'll get an offer again I think but take MAT instead of STEP if your course allow it.

My offer actually said to take STEP 2. If I took MAT, do you reckon they will take the STEP requirement away?
Original post by ArafatQ
My offer actually said to take STEP 2. If I took MAT, do you reckon they will take the STEP requirement away?

I've just checked it and apparently MAT is not useful in your case as STEP II is generally part of an offer for BEng Computing :/ http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/computing-department/computing-beng/#entry-requirements
I've just checked it and apparently MAT is not useful in your case as STEP II is generally part of an offer for BEng Computing :/ http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/computing-department/computing-beng/#entry-requirements

Oh, okay.
Thank you very much for checking! :smile:
I'd say you have a 60/70% of getting an offer. If your personal statement and references are good you'll be in.

Thanks for the answer.

What does a good reference look like I Don't know how to evaluate If mine is good or not.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 46
Chemical Engineering (MEng)

Predicted: (all my subjects are linear so no AS results)
Maths (Pre-U): D2 (A*)
Chemistry (Edexcel): A*
Physics (AQA): A
Biology (AQA): A
EPQ (on chem eng): A

GCSES:
A* - Geology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Physics, English Language
A - Economics, French, Geography, History
B - English Literature

If I don't get the offer then I'd probably go to UCL or Manc, but it is only one of 5 offers right.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 47
Subject Chemical Engineering Meng

IGCSE'S
6A*(maths, double science award, geog, ict, port), 2A(business, eng lit), 1B(English Language)

AS grades
Physics A
Chemistry A

Took Maths A-level early (95 average UMS A*)

Predicted
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Further Maths A*
EPQ

what are my chances of getting in?

thanks
Thanks for the answer.

What does a good reference look like I Don't know how to evaluate If mine is good or not.

Will be good, don't worry for that. Seen your grades your teachers must have been kind with your reference.
Original post by ndk123
Subject Chemical Engineering Meng

IGCSE'S
6A*(maths, double science award, geog, ict, port), 2A(business, eng lit), 1B(English Language)

AS grades
Physics A
Chemistry A

Took Maths A-level early (95 average UMS A*)

Predicted
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Further Maths A*
EPQ

what are my chances of getting in?

thanks

76% chance of getting an offer according to UCAS. If your personal statement is strong you'll have a chance.
Original post by ∆us
Chemical Engineering (MEng)

Predicted: (all my subjects are linear so no AS results)
Maths (Pre-U): D2 (A*)
Chemistry (Edexcel): A*
Physics (AQA): A
Biology (AQA): A
EPQ (on chem eng): idk yet

GCSES:
A* - Geology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Physics, English Language
A - Economics, French, Geography, History
B - English Literature

If I don't get the offer then I'd probably go to UCL or Manc, but it is only one of 5 offers right.

Your chances are good.
I just want to know is that I'm joining Brunel university and I'm an international student. This is a huge step for me and I consider this university sooo ugh better than the one I would've attended if I studied in my home country.

So my question is that if I get a 1st class or 2:1 high honors, can I get admission into Imperial College for my masters. I'm an outgoing person with multiple sports awards and love to do extracurricular activities but my A levels and GCSEs were good but not great by any means as I'm seeing how great people grades are on TSR.
Reply 52
how long did it take?

With 2-3 hours a day you can finish the first 4 chapters in like 4 days .. i'd say give the whole module a week, that should be enough to get decent at it.
Hi,

I wanted to apply for biological sciences with German for science but I don't know if I should any more because I just got predicted grades back.I'm predicted A*AAB (A*-Latin, As- Biology and German, B-chemistry) and I've already got an A* in an A level I took early. My GCSE results were decent - I got 9A*s and 2As. I only need 3As but one of the As has to be in chemistry and that is the one subject I was predicted a B in so I don't know if I should bother applying. I do think that I can get an A in the real exam but I don't know if I will even get an offer with the B.
(edited 6 years ago)
Do predicted grades higher than the entry requirements give you any sort of advantage? I want to apply for medicine (a*aa required) and I was told that my predictions of 4a*s wouldn't :/
Hi,
I want to apply for Bsc Physics at Imperial, which requires A*A*A.
However, my predictions are:
Maths-A ( I am capable of getting a* )
Physics-A*
Economics-A
Polish-N/A ( Probs A )
epq-A ( Related to physics )
Gcses 2a* 4A 2B 3C
Reply 56
Applying to imperial physics BSc this year as an international student:smile:

IB Predicted Grades:
Mathematics HL - 7
Physics HL - 7
Economics HL - 7
English B HL - 7
Chemistry SL - 7
Chinese A - 7
Core - 2
Overall - 44

The scores look good but it seems like I have those irrelevant subjects at HL...and btw does imperial give confirmation email after receiving UCAS application?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi guys I finished my year 13 this year and this is what I got and I want to apply for chemistry in imperial.
GCSE: AAAAAABBBBBB
AS LEVEL: AABB ( MATHS, CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND BUSINESS STUDIES respectively)
A LEVEL: A*A*A*( MATHS, CHEMISTRY AND BUSINESS STUDIES).
DO I STAND A CHANCE TO GET AN OFFER OR WILL I BE DECLINED BECAUSE OF MY GCSE AND AS LEVEL. 😕
applying for geophysics,
gcses: 12 a*s
as levels: aaaaa maths, furmaths, physcis, chemistry, music
a2 levels: a*-maths a-furmaths a-chem a-physics (achieved)
are my a2 grades high enough, considering the offer is a*aa
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by niv1234
Hi,

I wanted to apply for biological sciences with German for science but I don't know if I should any more because I just got predicted grades back.I'm predicted A*AAB (A*-Latin, As- Biology and German, B-chemistry) and I've already got an A* in an A level I took early. My GCSE results were decent - I got 9A*s and 2As. I only need 3As but one of the As has to be in chemistry and that is the one subject I was predicted a B in so I don't know if I should bother applying. I do think that I can get an A in the real exam but I don't know if I will even get an offer with the B.

An A in chemistry would be fairly necessary to have an offer from Imperial, to be honest. You can still apply to have a shot and not regret it :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending