The Student Room Group

Predicted grades VS offers

In general, are university offers the same as predicted grades? For example, if I was predicted AAA, would the university make me an offer of AAA? Or could they go beyond and make an offer of A*AA, or below and make an offer of AAB?

I'd like to apply to Imperial but they require an A* in Biology or Chemistry, and I am predicted an A, so I am not sure if it is a good idea to to apply. I do think I am capable of an A*, and my predictions are based of tests my college put together, and not actual AS results.
they will usually offer you what their entry requirements are, unless you have a contextual offer where you will be given a reduced offer
usually, unis will give offers if you have predicted grades similar to that of their requirements, so if you need A*AA and you are predicted AAA you will be considered as unis know some schools are sceptical to predict A*s - however, you will need to meet the A*AA to get the place!
Reply 2
Original post by iamayesha
In general, are university offers the same as predicted grades? For example, if I was predicted AAA, would the university make me an offer of AAA? Or could they go beyond and make an offer of A*AA, or below and make an offer of AAB?

I'd like to apply to Imperial but they require an A* in Biology or Chemistry, and I am predicted an A, so I am not sure if it is a good idea to to apply. I do think I am capable of an A*, and my predictions are based of tests my college put together, and not actual AS results.

Yes! unis give offers on a condition of meeting the grades that your school has predicted. unis don't give offers on beyond the predicted grades. Further, if you are applying to Imperial it would be better if you meet the typical offer requirement.
Hope I answered your question
Reply 3
Original post by ithinkitslily
they will usually offer you what their entry requirements are, unless you have a contextual offer where you will be given a reduced offer
usually, unis will give offers if you have predicted grades similar to that of their requirements, so if you need A*AA and you are predicted AAA you will be considered as unis know some schools are sceptical to predict A*s - however, you will need to meet the A*AA to get the place!

Original post by cpocha1
Yes! unis give offers on a condition of meeting the grades that your school has predicted. unis don't give offers on beyond the predicted grades. Further, if you are applying to Imperial it would be better if you meet the typical offer requirement.
Hope I answered your question

I appreciate your replies but i'm getting two different answers here haha..
Most universities have standard offer information available on their websites. If their standard offer is A*AA and you are predicted AAA you will still be asked for A*AA. Your predicted grades give the university an indication of the likelihood of you meeting the offer. If you are predicted AAA and the standard offer is ABB then you will receive an offer of ABB. Hope that makes sense!
Original post by iamayesha
I appreciate your replies but i'm getting two different answers here haha..

your predicted grades are not what you need to meet unless that is what the uni have offered you! the conditional part of the offer is based of the universities conditions, not your schools
e.g if you're predicted AAA and at one uni the offer is BBB and the other is A*A*A* (And you get a place at both), you will have to meet the BBB to get into the first uni and the A*A*A* to get into the second
Reply 6
Original post by rhiannon277
Most universities have standard offer information available on their websites. If their standard offer is A*AA and you are predicted AAA you will still be asked for A*AA. Your predicted grades give the university an indication of the likelihood of you meeting the offer. If you are predicted AAA and the standard offer is ABB then you will receive an offer of ABB. Hope that makes sense!

Original post by ithinkitslily
your predicted grades are not what you need to meet unless that is what the uni have offered you! the conditional part of the offer is based of the universities conditions, not your schools
e.g if you're predicted AAA and at one uni the offer is BBB and the other is A*A*A* (And you get a place at both), you will have to meet the BBB to get into the first uni and the A*A*A* to get into the second

Thankyou so much!! That makes it really clear :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending