The Student Room Group

Ancient History AS Level Study help

I'm having trouble finding good resources to help me study for my AS in ancient history, at the moment all I've been doing is watching crash courses on youtube to make sense of the topic and reading up on Wikipedia pages, as in class i feel like it's a lot of work to keep up with and if I zone out or think away for even a second it's as if I miss out on an entire topic. I'm ok with finding stuff online but it usually has too much information to read and sometimes even confuses me even more. Any help or resources would be really nice?! :smile: We are studying Rome and Greece at the moment :smile:
Original post by Mystery Panda
I'm having trouble finding good resources to help me study for my AS in ancient history, at the moment all I've been doing is watching crash courses on youtube to make sense of the topic and reading up on Wikipedia pages, as in class i feel like it's a lot of work to keep up with and if I zone out or think away for even a second it's as if I miss out on an entire topic. I'm ok with finding stuff online but it usually has too much information to read and sometimes even confuses me even more. Any help or resources would be really nice?! :smile: We are studying Rome and Greece at the moment :smile:

Dont you have a text book? Why not just buy revision books? Is this OCR?
Original post by 999tigger
Dont you have a text book? Why not just buy revision books? Is this OCR?

I've already spent lots on books etc, and they do supply readers with sources. But i'm just looking for online resources that can sum up events or what happened so I can make more sense on the topics. Not biographies etc. Yes its OCR, I think it's the new specification as well. :smile: Thank you for replying :smile:
If it's the new spec your AS shouldn't count towards your grade (unless you're in Wales).

There is no textbook for your course! It's sad, but the course is so small that it's not worth making textbooks as the producers wouldn't get enough profit.

Really, you need to pay more attention in lessons and make notes all the time. Then, you can reread your notes and try and condense them. As Ancient History is such a tiny course there are basically no resources out there so it's up to you to do the work. (I got an A at AS so if you want to ask any more questions about specific I may be able to help, but my course is obviously different to yours)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending