The Student Room Group

Which one is easier GCSE or IGCSE

Please advice me
Original post by Saras98
Please advice me

Gcse is easier and has modular exams with some requiring coursework which can boost up your grade alot whereas in igcses,you have to give exams in one go at the end of the year.Plus the exams contain some extra topics which are not in gcse eg. differentiation for maths.Doing igcse will help you in your as levels as you'll be more used to the workload.:smile:
Reply 2
But I'm not in school or college I'm having a gap year so in GCSE I won't be able to do course work only exam right?
Reply 3
Original post by arizonaidiot
Gcse is easier and has modular exams with some requiring coursework which can boost up your grade alot whereas in igcses,you have to give exams in one go at the end of the year.Plus the exams contain some extra topics which are not in gcse eg. differentiation for maths.Doing igcse will help you in your as levels as you'll be more used to the workload.:smile:

This is out of date. Very few GCSEs are modular and the majority are wholly assessed by exams at the end of the course.
Reply 4
Original post by Saras98
But I'm not in school or college I'm having a gap year so in GCSE I won't be able to do course work only exam right?

What subjects are you thinking of taking and when?
Reply 5
English language and in January time
Reply 6
Original post by Saras98
English language and in January time

If you want to take English Language and you have no means of completing the speaking and listening for GCSE then I recommend you take Edexcel IGCSE no coursework option which is available in January. The entry deadline is 21 October so you need to get on with finding a centre wiling to accept you.
Reply 7
I would say that it depends on the subject (for instance I think IGCSE English Language with CIE was relatively easy) and it can't yet be answered for the new 9-1 GCSes vs IGCSEs.
Original post by Saras98
Please advice me

igcse
Original post by Compost
This is out of date. Very few GCSEs are modular and the majority are wholly assessed by exams at the end of the course.

Oh yeah,I almost forgot that gcses were reformed this year.Even then,I still stand by my point that igcses are harder.You can compare this years gcse pastpapers with igcses.

Quick Reply

Latest