The Student Room Group

Best memory stick

Any advice on which memory stick is best for Pgce storage please
Reply 1
@Kiwishell I always go for Sandisk and have never had a problem although most major brands will be fine (always keep a backup!!).

I assume you will be transferring small files such as word, powerpoint etc so size and speed won't matter too much. I don't think many places sell 1GB or 2GB sticks anymore, so go for a 4GB or 8GB.
Reply 2
Use the cloud. Cant get lost, stolen or corrpted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiwishell
Any advice on which memory stick is best for Pgce storage please

You'll easily be able to find SanDisk memory sticks - go for one of those.

Argos always has great deals on memory sticks, but you can also take a look on eBay.

Don't buy anything less than 16GB. Try and get 32GB if possible as the extra space is always useful.

If your PC/Laptop supports USB 3.0 (your PC/Laptop USB port will be blue), don't forget to buy the USB 3.0 version. It will still work with ports that are not USB 3.0 :smile:

Also, as @bob0079 mentioned, sign up for OneDrive, Google Drive or DropBox and use that as either a primary means of storage for your files, or a secondary one. Download the app for your computer so you don't have to keep logging into the browser, and so that you can easily keep your memory stick and drive in sync.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Glassapple
Who's going to be using over 16GB for a one year PGCE course, especially if they're only really going to using text documents, PDF files and presentations? It's not worth spending the money when you can get an 8GB or 16GB stick for cheaper.

Valid points, but as I said, the extra space is useful.

Also Argos has 16GB for £9.99, and a 32GB for £14.99 (offer) ATM. They even have a pack of three 16GB sticks for £19.99 - thats about £6 each!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending