The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'd definitely get the full version if I thought it was a functional service, apparently it's not so RedZone and streaming will probably be my friends this year again
Reply 61
David Johnson out for 2 to 3 months, I have no luck in the first round and when I have pick 1 it goes even worse

But still 1-0
Original post by joecphillips
David Johnson out for 2 to 3 months, I have no luck in the first round and when I have pick 1 it goes even worse

But still 1-0

That is pretty unlucky for you, but i am sure you will bounce back :smile:
I like that i have already received more trade offers this year than i did all of last season. Hopefully it is a sign of positive mutually beneficial trades in future, even if none at this stage
Reply 64
Definitely, trades are great for injury workaround. I feel like as much as I didn't score big numbers my team looks pretty nice right now.
I got offered a trade for bell but I'm hoping he's just rusty and will be back to his usual high scores from next week.

He's the effective number one overall pick now Johnson is injured...
Ahhhhh I'm so behind, I need to make a team ASAP!
Original post by Edminzodo
Ahhhhh I'm so behind, I need to make a team ASAP!

If you havent yet got a team, then you are too late for our league, as we drafted over a week ago. You might still be able to get into a random public league on NFL.com
Reply 68
Original post by Motorbiker
I got offered a trade for bell but I'm hoping he's just rusty and will be back to his usual high scores from next week.

He's the effective number one overall pick now Johnson is injured...

You should accept it
Reply 69
In one of my other leagues (16 team) I decided to roll with 1 late round qb (sam Bradford) and he gets injured, I think this injury problem means I'm stupid rather than unlucky.

I had the choice of keenum, siemian, bortles, mccown, brissett, glennon or hoyer so I picked up keenum going down in style this week.

Do you think the Vikings should take either bridgewater or Bradford's working knee and transplant it into the other? It seems like a good fix
all my bench is scoring TD's atm, whilst my starters are not. Damn it
Reply 71
That Jags D last week was clearly a fluke, they can ball for sure but not when they're on the field forever and a day because Blake Bortles is QB supergonnorhea.
Original post by Wattsy
That Jags D last week was clearly a fluke, they can ball for sure but not when they're on the field forever and a day because Blake Bortles is QB supergonnorhea.

They were doing really well in the first half holding the titans to just 2 FG, but they have blown up in the second half
Reply 73
Original post by Monkey_Pete
They were doing really well in the first half holding the titans to just 2 FG, but they have blown up in the second half

It was (except the penalties) the Offense's fault though, gifted them short fields and a gassed D
What's happening with the lack of production from the 'top' running backs!?
Reply 75
Woooo, stupid Decision of the week has to go to me, benched digs for Landry a difference of almost 25 points and going into mnf I am just over 25 points down.

In another league (16 teams) I cut keenum and replaced him with virtues then thought no and cut him for kieser
Woooo, stupid Decision of the week has to go to me, benched digs for Landry a difference of almost 25 points and going into mnf I am just over 25 points down.

In another league (16 teams) I cut keenum and replaced him with virtues then thought no and cut him for kieser

Stupid decision of the week might go to the guy who dropped Jags Defence for Ravens Defence just before kick off
Reply 77
Original post by Monkey_Pete
Stupid decision of the week might go to the guy who dropped Jags Defence for Ravens Defence just before kick off

Hopefully I pull off the win and that’s true.

Changing defences cost me a win last week, I could have been looking at a comfortable 3-0 despite losing my number 1 pick but my brilliant gming has me in a battle to not be 1-2
Hopefully I pull off the win and that’s true.

Changing defences cost me a win last week, I could have been looking at a comfortable 3-0 despite losing my number 1 pick but my brilliant gming has me in a battle to not be 1-2

I know that feeling. Tinkering too much causes problems. I was trying to be funny and play JJ Nelson next to Jordy Nelson, but then thought that was too high risk, and i should bank on my Third round pick of Amari Cooper, who scored a massive 0.6 points. Would have been much better taking the risk on JJ Nelson not even playing tonight

Changing Defence cost me the playoffs last year. Being clever trading to get the Defence playing against the Browns, who then scored much less than the Defence I had traded away, costing me the game, sending me into 3rd place game. Then the points scored in the 3rd place game were comfortably higher than in the championship game, which i would have won had i not changed Defence
0.28 fml

**** you Jason Witten

Quick Reply

Latest