The Student Room Group

Studying medicine in the uk if i'm italian

Hi! I'm looking for Italian students who have entered in UK medical schools! I would need some advice to know if my grades are good enough and for choosing the right university
Original post by cost.campo
Hi! I'm looking for Italian students who have entered in UK medical schools! I would need some advice to know if my grades are good enough and for choosing the right university

Hi, I can't really help as I am a British applicant but I was thinking of applying to an Italian medical school for 2018 entry.
I was wondering if you have any advice on good ones to apply to or ones that are known to take on international applicants?
Original post by qwertyuiop786
Hi, I can't really help as I am a British applicant but I was thinking of applying to an Italian medical school for 2018 entry.
I was wondering if you have any advice on good ones to apply to or ones that are known to take on international applicants?

Yes, of course! There are the International medical schools that are in Milan, Rome, Pavia, Padua and Neaples (or at least i think... but they should be right...and in Milan there should be two)... anyway, you need to take the IMAT, which is quite similar to the BMAT, but differently from UK universities you don't need any personal statements or references. You practically sit the test (that is on a specific date, same for everyone), choose your prefered schools and based on your score you get in a certain position in a graded list. The better you are, more chance you have to get in the university you put in your first choice. (I think you can choose three).
Sorry fo the english, but I worte it quite fast so I'm not sure if everything is right... anyway ask for any doubts! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cost.campo
Yes, of course! There are the International medical schools that are in Milan, Rome, Pavia, Padua and Neaples (or at least i think... but they should be right...and in Milan there should be two)... anyway, you need to take the IMAT, which is quite similar to the BMAT, but differently from UK universities you don't need any personal statements or references. You practically sit the test (that is on a specific date, same for everyone), choose your prefered schools and based on your score you get in a certain position in a graded list. The better you are, more chance you have to get in the university you put in your first choice. (I think you can choose three).
Sorry fo the english, but I worte it quite fast so I'm not sure if everything is right... anyway ask for any doubts! :smile:

Thanks for the fast reply and no your English is great :smile:
I was looking at the Universitaly website and saw a couple too, do you apply directly to the university or is there a website like UCAS?

And that's a simpler process than I originally thought. Do you know if I'm right in saying for entry into medical school next year do I apply for IMAT this June time?
Original post by qwertyuiop786
Thanks for the fast reply and no your English is great :smile:
I was looking at the Universitaly website and saw a couple too, do you apply directly to the university or is there a website like UCAS?

And that's a simpler process than I originally thought. Do you know if I'm right in saying for entry into medical school next year do I apply for IMAT this June time?

Ehm.. I don't really know if there's a website like UCAS or not but I found this one where you can register yourself.
https://www.universitaly.it/index.php/imat_home
If you want to entry in 2018 you should wait to know the test date (this year was in septemnber but I think it could also be in may so you need to keep an eye out). For 2018 entry it will probaly be between may-september 2018, so you still have some time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending