The Student Room Group

If you get predicted A*AA but A* in maths

Do imperial still look at medicine applications? And if you at the end of the year get A* in maths and 2A's and they wanted A* in chemistry or biology do they still accept or would the offer be withdrawn. Thanks in advance
You need to meet their entry requirements and yes in some cases they are subject specific. Moving to the medicine forum.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
You need to meet their entry requirements and yes in some cases they are subject specific. Moving to the medicine forum.

Thanks. Sorry I tried to find medicine forum but couldn't. Lets say I get predicted A*AA A* being maths and at the end of the year I do achieve the A* in bio/chem would they still offer me a place?
They arent obligated to confirm your offer as you have technically missed it, however they may still confirm it as youve only slightly missed it, and still got above AAA
Reply 4
Original post by HeadHoncho
They arent obligated to confirm your offer as you have technically missed it, however they may still confirm it as youve only slightly missed it, and still got above AAA

I am more concered right now with predicted lol as my chem teacher wont predict me A* and shes only ever done it once in 5 years. So not sure lol. Might speak to her
Really? It's only a few away from the biology one. Anyway this is in the right forum now :smile:

We can play this game of will they give me an offer or not all day and still get nowhere. If you meet their requirements most likely yes. If not most likely no unless you have good reason for not meeting them.
My friend got interviewed with 4A predictions and an avg bmat, as long as youre predicted all A's minimum and you get a decent bmat youre set. What about upping your bio prediction?
Reply 7
Really? It's only a few away from the biology one. Anyway this is in the right forum now :smile:

We can play this game of will they give me an offer or not all day and still get nowhere. If you meet their requirements most likely yes. If not most likely no unless you have good reason for not meeting them.

Aha. I will just speak to my teachers so that I do get an A* predicted in either bio or chem and A for maths. Thank you and a few away from bio ones? Not sure I just saw stem then only found biology and life sciences on the list sorry.
'We expect applicants for 2018 entry to meet the following grade requirements in these subjects: A* in Chemistry or Biology A in the remaining subject from Chemistry or Biology A in a third subject'

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/#entry-requirements

You're not predicted to meet their offer, so they won't give you one. You're predicted an A* in a subject that isn't one of the subjects they need an A* in. They wouldn't offer you a place at the end of year because medicine hardly ever goes into Clearing and is virtually unheard of at Imperial.
Reply 9
My friend got interviewed with 4A predictions and an avg bmat, as long as youre predicted all A's minimum and you get a decent bmat youre set. What about upping your bio prediction?

I will ask my teacher. I got overall 75% in interal mocks which if my teacher used this years grade boundaries would be an A* but he used %. Chem 75% too but she never predicts anyone A*. So i will just have to prove to my bio teacher. He is more considerate than my chem teacher.
Original post by Glassapple
'We expect applicants for 2018 entry to meet the following grade requirements in these subjects: A* in Chemistry or Biology A in the remaining subject from Chemistry or Biology A in a third subject'

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/#entry-requirements

You're not predicted to meet their offer, so they won't give you one. You're predicted an A* in a subject that isn't one of the subjects they need an A* in. They wouldn't offer you a place at the end of year because medicine hardly ever goes into Clearing and is virtually unheard of at Imperial.

Thank you. Yes I read that and thats why I asked. I will speak to my bio teacher and he may be able to help me out.
There's a whole section on medical and healthcare courses!

Aha I see where you mean. I didn't go down enough 😂😂. It was right below it
Yeah lol, A* for ocr bio was like 60%
I remember i asked my bio teacher to bump up my grade because of certain unis i wanted to apply to and he was happy to apply. Just say you want/ are considering applying to oxbridge, worked for me last year
Yeah lol, A* for ocr bio was like 60%
I remember i asked my bio teacher to bump up my grade because of certain unis i wanted to apply to and he was happy to apply. Just say you want/ are considering applying to oxbridge, worked for me last year

He knows im applying to medicine. For edexcel bio was 68% A2 chem teacher is gonna use the grade boundaries from this year so I'll get A there. And my bio teacher most likely will help me out. Thanks for your help. Good luck bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending