The Student Room Group

Sometimes I really regret getting instagram, like ****ing now

I love interacting with the majority of insta users, it's fun, met a love of awesome, like minded people there.
BUT, there's one downside (as with every other social media). Creeps. Seeing all these old perverts sharing my photos, and commenting sexual stuff on them, tagging me, messaging me all the time (I don't respond but still) gets too much for me on my bad days. I'm over 18 so it's okay for them to do that stuff, but it's still so annoying and makes me feel like a piece of meat. I admit, some of my photos are a bit more on the 'sexy' side but MOST are not. Still, no matter what I do in a picture, they will find a way to make it seem sexual.
I can't even delete my insta now because people will steal my pics and just create fake accs (already happened more than once to me so it would only get worse, and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it without proof)
Anyone in a similar situation? Do you just ignore people like that? Or report them? Or block them? Which method works best?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ciel.
I love interacting with the majority of insta users, it's fun, met a love of awesome, like minded people there.
BUT, there's one downside (as with every other social media). Creeps. Seeing all these old perverts sharing my photos, and commenting sexual stuff on them, tagging me, messaging me all the time (I don't respond but still) gets too much for me on my bad days. I'm over 18 so it's okay for them to do that stuff, but it's still so annoying and makes me feel like a piece of meat. I admit, some of my photos are a bit more on the 'sexy' side but MOST are not. Still, no matter what I do in a picture, they will find a way to make it seem sexual.
I can't even delete my insta now because people will steal my pics and just create fake accs (already happened more than once to me so it would only get worse, and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it without proof)
Anyone in a similar situation? Do you just ignore people like that? Or report them? Or block them? Which method works best?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Report them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Instagram just a waste of time imo posting stuff no one cares about every like you get a hit of dopamine interesting enough it’s the same chemical you get when drunk, smoke, gamble etc highly addictive. Instagram is just full of narcastic addicts imo postings selfies is like me me me me look how cool hot sexy I am etc lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Delete and forget and ignore

Eventually the creeps will forget about you, there millions of photos of sexy girls on the internet

Your photos will just become part of that blur
instagram sucks, it's just full of people
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Report them.

Hmm might start doing that, I wonder if their IP will get permanently blocked after a number of reports? Because otherwise they can just make a new account.
Original post by Dominoes
Instagram just a waste of time imo posting stuff no one cares about every like you get a hit of dopamine interesting enough it’s the same chemical you get when drunk, smoke, gamble etc highly addictive. Instagram is just full of narcastic addicts imo postings selfies is like me me me me look how cool hot sexy I am etc lol

That's not true. I mean, yeah, some people just post boring selfies all the time, or do 'like for like' kind of thing but not everyone does that. Like, I don't just post boring selfies. I post a lot of cosplay pictures, which a lot of people love. They don't want anything in return, they just love seeing their favourite characters being brought to life.
Reply 6
Original post by hannah00
Delete and forget and ignore

Eventually the creeps will forget about you, there millions of photos of sexy girls on the internet

Your photos will just become part of that blur

*boys
Well the thing is, you just get new creeps all the time. Because when you get a lot of likes you're featured in top posts - and more people see your photos. : /
some men are so gross :/
Reply 8
Original post by babsxox

I know right?! I never get these types of comments from girls, my female followers are so sweet - hell, they make me wish I was straight lol!
Original post by Ciel.
Hmm might start doing that, I wonder if their IP will get permanently blocked after a number of reports? Because otherwise they can just make a new account.

That's not true. I mean, yeah, some people just post boring selfies all the time, or do 'like for like' kind of thing but not everyone does that. Like, I don't just post boring selfies. I post a lot of cosplay pictures, which a lot of people love. They don't want anything in return, they just love seeing their favourite characters being brought to life.

yeah i don’t think everyone is like that
ok then
In addition to some of the stuff above, I'd suggest making your account private?
Original post by babsxox

NAMALT (not all men are like that) and all, but it's more than just some.
Original post by yudothis
NAMALT (not all men are like that) and all, but it's more than just some.

i mean i would say "most" but then the cringey mgtow users would descend upon me like a swarm of locusts
Original post by babsxox
i mean i would say "most" but then the cringey mgtow users would descend upon me like a swarm of locusts

God htey have to be some of the most pathetic human beings.
What's your Instagram by any chance?? I swear I 100% recognise your art omg
Original post by bubblegumcat
instagram sucks, it's just full of people

omg i didn't finish typying this out, i was supposed to say its full of fake people, the pictures they post definitely don't represent their everyday life
You do realise that in the settings you could make your account private and only the people that you accepted to add can view your pics?
Reply 18
Original post by Pastelx
What's your Instagram by any chance?? I swear I 100% recognise your art omg

Sorry, can't share it. Posted way too much personal stuff on here.

Gay guys are the worst aren't they..
:colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by bubblegumcat
omg i didn't finish typying this out, i was supposed to say its full of fake people, the pictures they post definitely don't represent their everyday life

Oh, of course not. But nobody wants to see everyday life. It's boring.
Original post by surina16
In addition to some of the stuff above, I'd suggest making your account private?

Original post by 31shotscrazy
You do realise that in the settings you could make your account private and only the people that you accepted to add can view your pics?

Too time consuming, it would take me ages to filter through all the requests. It would probably cause drama, too (ohh whyyy is your acc privateee now :/ ) And most importantly, my profile would stop growing, wouldn't want that.
Reply 19
Unsolicited nudes are the worst........ Ugh.

Quick Reply

Latest