The Student Room Group

Is taking Fine Art for A-Levels suicidal?

I think the title says it all. Be honest am I crazy for this and can someone (preferably ) speak with experience please lol
Original post by TheTinyChild
I think the title says it all. Be honest am I crazy for this and can someone (preferably ) speak with experience please lol

In what sense? Going to need some context.
Original post by Cubone-r
In what sense? Going to need some context.

I've heard that fine art takes an insane amount of time and work so I'm wondering if I'm crazy for wanting to take it
ive only just started a level art but if you're taking it as a "relaxing, fun" a level or to "show your creative side" just forget about it.

it is suicide but if you're dedicated you can do it and not drink the bleach when you paint with it
there is lots of work, and "last minute homework" doesnt exist because the teachers can tell when your drawing is ****. you need good time management (which art students dont have loool)
did you do art gcse?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
I've heard that fine art takes an insane amount of time and work so I'm wondering if I'm crazy for wanting to take it

I'm currently in my second year doing fine arts and it is a lot of work however it is very enjoyably with the right teacher the only advice I can give you is to always ask your teacher what grade your working towards this way you will know if your doing the right thing for you
My art teacher is making me redo somethings which is annoying because i have to ctach up on work and do other subjects, plus it doesn't help because she is nice and funny; but the way she shouts. She is terrifying at sometimes. @TheTinyChild
Original post by faloodeh
ive only just started a level art but if you're taking it as a "relaxing, fun" a level or to "show your creative side" just forget about it.

it is suicide but if you're dedicated you can do it and not drink the bleach when you paint with it
there is lots of work, and "last minute homework" doesnt exist because the teachers can tell when your drawing is ****. you need good time management (which art students dont have loool)
did you do art gcse?

Yes I do
Yes I do

Then i think if you really want to do it, you wouldnt have as much trouble as you think you would
Original post by faloodeh
Then i think if you really want to do it, you wouldnt have as much trouble as you think you would

is it also really limiting? because doing my GCSEs I felt like I was really limited in my options and even though no one really said it, I felt like I was forced to do things. Art is meant to be a free form of expression but I kind of felt as if the art I did was only made to get a good grade
is it also really limiting? because doing my GCSEs I felt like I was really limited in my options and even though no one really said it, I felt like I was forced to do things. Art is meant to be a free form of expression but I kind of felt as if the art I did was only made to get a good grade

Idk, apparently is isnt, but tbf you can just not listen to the teacher if you know 100% what you're doing and how to get the grades(its what i do)

Quick Reply

Latest