The Student Room Group

Returning Student - Applying for Maintainence Grant

Hi,

I am a returning 3rd year student. I have received no information about a maintainence grant (which I have received in previous years). I know that maintainence grants have been scrapped in favour of increased maintainence loans, but it is my understanding that current students were not affected by the change - only new students. I can't remember having to specifically re-apply for the grant last year, only that I had to declare that my financial situation had not changed.
My question is: how would I go about applying for the maintainence grant? Do I need to start a new application and supply evidence once again, or have I missed something on the SFE website that would allow me to continue on the evidence I have already supplied for previous years?

Thanks in advance
Original post by Minidw
Hi,

I am a returning 3rd year student. I have received no information about a maintainence grant (which I have received in previous years). I know that maintainence grants have been scrapped in favour of increased maintainence loans, but it is my understanding that current students were not affected by the change - only new students. I can't remember having to specifically re-apply for the grant last year, only that I had to declare that my financial situation had not changed.
My question is: how would I go about applying for the maintainence grant? Do I need to start a new application and supply evidence once again, or have I missed something on the SFE website that would allow me to continue on the evidence I have already supplied for previous years?

Thanks in advance

Returning students are entitled to the grant, if they meet the criteria. (ie, your household income has to be under a certain amount)

Have you asked for your loan to be based on household income? If your household income is low enough, the grant would be added.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Returning students are entitled to the grant, if they meet the criteria. (ie, your household income has to be under a certain amount)

Have you asked for your loan to be based on household income? If your household income is low enough, the grant would be added.

Yes, I have, but it's not been added to my payment schedule.
Hi Minidw

In order for your application to be assessed based on the household income your sponsors need to submit their 2015 to 2016 financial details.

Thanks Miriam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending