The Student Room Group

042r Higher Officer Caseworker HMRC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yojimbo1
Mine was in Feb. Just wondered as I think there are both Internals and externals on the same list

I'm external too.
I'm external waiting since feb
I'm also external.. have offers gone out in any location so far in September? Friday's update is 100% going to be disappointing and i'm not emotionally ready for it.. i will start a new 042r support group soon lol
Reply 883
Original post by Aadil123
I'm also external.. have offers gone out in any location so far in September? Friday's update is 100% going to be disappointing and i'm not emotionally ready for it.. i will start a new 042r support group soon lol

I've not read of any offers going out in September. We will probably just get an edited version of July's email saying next update in November 😩
Original post by Riz101
I've not read of any offers going out in September. We will probably just get an edited version of July's email saying next update in November 😩

Or if the trend follows it will double. 1 month. 2 months. 4 months 😂.
I've been offered another job that is a salary increase but the director has voiced his concerns over the fact that I've worked at two accounting firms in the past year and a half and wants assurance that I will stay! Don't want to accept it and then leave for HMRC but then again don't want to be waiting around for a start date for another 6 months! What on earth should I do guys!
I've been offered another job that is a salary increase but the director has voiced his concerns over the fact that I've worked at two accounting firms in the past year and a half and wants assurance that I will stay! Don't want to accept it and then leave for HMRC but then again don't want to be waiting around for a start date for another 6 months! What on earth should I do guys!

Take the money and then IF, IF in six months you are offered the job then leave anyway. Businesses wouldn’t think twice about cutting jobs - they would just say unfortunately it’s unavoidable to keep business sustainable blah blah blah

Look after number 1 mate. Just don’t sign anything 😉
You're completely right- I'll take the job! I hope the formal offers don't go out in my first week of the job!!!! HMRC have had a year to sort it out so taking the job is the logical option at this point.
Reply 888
You're completely right- I'll take the job! I hope the formal offers don't go out in my first week of the job!!!! HMRC have had a year to sort it out so taking the job is the logical option at this point.

Definitely take the job! I try to remain positive about HMRC but you never know what's gonna happen. Plus there's no way to turn it down without your employer then knowing you're not planning to stay...so you'll then be looked at differently and stuck there for another 6 months (or however long) while waiting for hmrc.
I have recently started a new job, I still always have HMRC in the back of mind so i still feel in limbo. I am trying to not log in on here or check emails as much so that i can get settled in this new job because it could potentially be longstanding. Initially i wasn't sure whether or not to start this, however I am really glad I did start because it would have been in an even worse state of mind aimlessly waiting for a HMRC offer. Like the others have said, you should do whatever is best for you right now, god knows how long this will take. I do hope before the new year!!!
Reply 890
Omg anyone else already anxious 😂
Reply 891
Original post by Rivkid
Omg anyone else already anxious 😂

Haha yes, anxious to see what the email says but also bracing myself for disappointment 🙄
Reply 892
Original post by Riz101
Haha yes, anxious to see what the email says but also bracing myself for disappointment 🙄

Same!
Anyone receive anything so far?
Anyone receive anything so far?

Probably won’t be today. Don’t they all finish at 3pm on Fridays 😂😂😂😂
Reply 895
Just got my email to say I been placed in reserve list for 12 months and still might not be given a job. For f sake!! Sorry but what a joke!!!
Everyone get the reserve list email?
Original post by yojimbo1
Let's face it. Civil Service and Local governments are cutting spending and what is one of the largest commitments from a budget? Staffing costs. There are people on this forum alone who've been waiting a year. If they were jobs we'd be in them.

I suspect we might get put on a reserve list and then after a year - we get cut off.

The service then suffers and they blame it on not having enough staff. They then do another recruitment and the whole process starts again.

Would love to be proved wrong though :smile:

I called it then...
Yep - absolute disgrace. Messing with peoples lives like that, it just isn't fair.

What a waste of my time...
Original post by Riz101
Just got my email to say I been placed in reserve list for 12 months and still might not be given a job. For f sake!! Sorry but what a joke!!!

Absolutely ridiculous! And I'm sure they have known this for a very long time. I have passed plenty of job opportunities

Quick Reply

Latest