The Student Room Group

Changing subjects A level HELP

Hi I’m thinking of changing applied science as I am struggling right now and feel pressured as you have to finish experiments etc .. quickly and I originally wanted to choose biology but I couldn’t... it’s been 3 weeks now from when I started the course, can I still change now to something else ? I know I’ll have to catch up but I just don’t think applied science is for me
Reply 1
Hi there. It should be fine to change now but check with your tutor or head of year or whoever sorts out time tables. I really recommend changing if you aren't happy. I recently changed from Biology to Psychology and I fell much more happy at school. Hope it goes okay 😊
Original post by Studentgirl111
Hi I’m thinking of changing applied science as I am struggling right now and feel pressured as you have to finish experiments etc .. quickly and I originally wanted to choose biology but I couldn’t... it’s been 3 weeks now from when I started the course, can I still change now to something else ? I know I’ll have to catch up but I just don’t think applied science is for me
Hiya:hi:

I've popped your thread into here so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:smile:

Whether you move subjects or not is ultimately up to your school, there is never any harm in asking.:wink:
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya:hi:

I've popped your thread into here so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:smile:

Whether you move subjects or not is ultimately up to your school, there is never any harm in asking.:wink:

Thankyou :smile:
Original post by han_pres
Hi there. It should be fine to change now but check with your tutor or head of year or whoever sorts out time tables. I really recommend changing if you aren't happy. I recently changed from Biology to Psychology and I fell much more happy at school. Hope it goes okay 😊

Thankyou for the advice, I was thinking of picking biology as I do like that subject but apparently my school isn’t doing it :/ I wonder if I could do a btec in biology or something
Reply 5
Original post by Studentgirl111
Thankyou for the advice, I was thinking of picking biology as I do like that subject but apparently my school isn’t doing it :/ I wonder if I could do a btec in biology or something

If you really enjoy Biology then go for it. Don't hesitate. Remember that people change subjects all the time so your teachers won't be offended.
Original post by han_pres
If you really enjoy Biology then go for it. Don't hesitate. Remember that people change subjects all the time so your teachers won't be offended.

Thanks , hopefully I can get to choose it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest