The Student Room Group

Trouble finding relevant cases

I'm trying to find cases that are relevant to scenarios given but I'm unsure if there's somewhere I can find them? I've googled but haven't had much luck. I'm currently trying to find a case along the lines of a contract being agreed but one person not holding up their end of the agreement.

Would appreciate any help!
Aka a breach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_contract_law#Performance_and_breach -- there are a bunch of cases listed there. Wikipedia, for the big topics, is excellent. If you're a uni student, you can also use Westlaw Insight for contractual breach (noting all the cases as you read), or use the search function to search for breach cases, or you can use Westlaw Books and find Chitty which gives an incredibly in-depth explanation of all contract law topics and again note the cases as you read.
Reply 2
Thank you so much!
Original post by JessicaT9
I'm trying to find cases that are relevant to scenarios given but I'm unsure if there's somewhere I can find them? I've googled but haven't had much luck. I'm currently trying to find a case along the lines of a contract being agreed but one person not holding up their end of the agreement.

Would appreciate any help!

Look like you're referring to breach of contract, and it would help if you could supply the question (or relevant part of it, here).

HOW did the alleged breach happen?
Has it happened? Or is it 'anticipatory'?
How 'bad' is the breach (terms; condition, warranty, innominate?)

Presumably you've actually the basic information and cases you need already from your textbooks and notes on breach? No need to do a massive search online right away, always start with the basics first and FOCUS ON EXPRESSING YOURSELF IN WRITING, LEGALLY. Start e.g. with the definition of 'breach' etc.

Remember, it's THE LEGAL PRINCIPLE in the cases (rather than trying to fit the facts) that's important, the ratio, if you will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending