The Student Room Group

What to do about my crush

I am 16, almost 17 and I have a big crush on this girl in my school. It is my first big crush and am unsure what to do. I can't talk to her much since I don't share any classes with her. I only see her at a club for an hour every week. Does anyone have some useful advice on what I should do make this go forward?

Scroll to see replies

Do you talk to her at all? Just casually start talking to her in the club and see once you get to know her if the feelings are still there. If they are, once you know she is feeling more confident around you ramp it up a step. Then when you feel the time is right see is she's up for "dating" and go for it.
Wish you the best of luck Brother! :smile:
Original post by DragonsOfAsshai
I am 16, almost 17 and I have a big crush on this girl in my school. It is my first big crush and am unsure what to do. I can't talk to her much since I don't share any classes with her. I only see her at a club for an hour every week. Does anyone have some useful advice on what I should do make this go forward?

I would give advice, but i'm just that guy who had a crush, and watched as his heart got crushed, because his crush was a hoe (apparently she gave uck to 2 guys on a camping trip T^T i cri evritiem).
Reply 3
Approach her after the club. Ask her name, if she's got anything planned for the evening.

You have to make chances if they aren't provided for you.
Original post by Tootles
Approach her after the club. Ask her name, if she's got anything planned for the evening.

You have to make chances if they aren't provided for you.

Original post by President Hawk
Do you talk to her at all? Just casually start talking to her in the club and see once you get to know her if the feelings are still there. If they are, once you know she is feeling more confident around you ramp it up a step. Then when you feel the time is right see is she's up for "dating" and go for it.
Wish you the best of luck Brother! :smile:

I know her a little and I talk to her when I can but I haven't been able to know her very well since whenever I see her, I either don't know what to say or she is talking to other people.
Bump
try to get her social media contacts?

Be yourself, act natural, and ask her out before schools out for summer. The last part is important. Get to know her, than ask her out when she's in a good mood.
Original post by TheNlee
try to get her social media contacts?

I have her phone number but I don't use any social media other than WhatsApp...
I have her phone number but I don't use any social media other than WhatsApp...

try get facebook, instagram and snapchat perhaps
Original post by Alexigender
Be yourself, act natural, and ask her out before schools out for summer. The last part is important. Get to know her, than ask her out when she's in a good mood.

Getting to know her is kind of difficult since I don't come across her often and I messaged her in the hope of striking up a conversation but she hasn't replied
well done asshai my man moving in ask for a hug when u finish talking it tells them u like her more than a friend
Reply 12
Original post by ragnarok2
well done asshai my man moving in ask for a hug when u finish talking it tells them u like her more than a friend

Lel you need to actually be their friend first or you may blow your chances (or get accused of being a rapist)
(edited 6 years ago)

It seems kind of random though.
thats what i do all the time and it worked for me and hows that being a rapist

But let's say I meet her on the way to lessons and we talk about something for just 2 minutes, do I ask for a hug?
Crushes are annoying man...because having to let go is so hard and then you realise how much time you wasted just thinking about them ffs. Unless you want to make a move then that is fine.
I am not gonna allow myself to have a crush on anyone until i finish a-levels and i just started year 12.
Reply 17

i would be ok if someone i didnt know started talking to me, but if they tried to hug me at the end of the conversation i would be weirded out (i was being a bit extreme)
But let's say I meet her on the way to lessons and we talk about something for just 2 minutes, do I ask for a hug?

Yea most girls will be comfortable hugging you as long as your known in the school
Reply 19
Yea most girls will be comfortable hugging you as long as your known in the school

Depends if you even well known, what you are well known for and if people think you are a nice person (people generally are fine giving hugs to nice people)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending