The Student Room Group

which UNI is the most FUN to go to? (describe and explain = A*)

got 3 choices so far.. Brighton and Teesside are the two out of three. (for 2018 btw)

Can you suggest a fun unis to go to? so:

- good for the course im taking obviously (Engineering, highly likely Aeronautical/Aerospace but can be another branch.)
- good night life (really good if possible cause... party peeps XD)
- friendly people?
- active sports teams and/or good sports facilities (gotta lift mate, once a year jk. regularly ofc.)
- Student Accommodation Houses/Halls? (good vibes, filled with events but quiet when needed? educate me)

- and what can you say to the two unis i have chose so far? (fun lifestyle wise)
dont go to uni , its not fun
Original post by chillbruh
got 3 choices so far.. Brighton and Teesside are the two out of three. (for 2018 btw)

Can you suggest a fun unis to go to? so:

- good for the course im taking obviously (Engineering, highly likely Aeronautical/Aerospace but can be another branch.)
- good night life (really good if possible cause... party peeps XD)
- friendly people?
- active sports teams and/or good sports facilities (gotta lift mate, once a year jk. regularly ofc.)
- Student Accommodation Houses/Halls? (good vibes, filled with events but quiet when needed? educate me)

- and what can you say to the two unis i have chose so far? (fun lifestyle wise)

It depends really, what are your predicted grades?
If its AAA- you can try Nottingham, Loughborough, Manchester, they have plenty of parties and my mates that go there say that they enjoy it and it has got good nightlife and Loughborough's sport teams are some of the best in the country.
Reply 3
Brighton is full of drunk crazy students
Reply 4
Original post by Boredom101
It depends really, what are your predicted grades?
If its AAA- you can try Nottingham, Loughborough, Manchester, they have plenty of parties and my mates that go there say that they enjoy it and it has got good nightlife and Loughborough's sport teams are some of the best in the country.

doing a BTEC Extended Dip. and im currently predicted with highest grades possible(D*D*D*) + doing level 3 cert. in further maths and A-Level maths

to play it safe, i want to stick to unis that dont require the additional lessons. obviously its there to use but in case **** happens of course.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 408655
Brighton is full of drunk crazy students

is that a good thing or a bad thing? hahaha
Reply 6
is that a good thing or a bad thing? hahaha

It depends on you really, what you like and dislike

But me myself, a student at Sussex, I don't really like this place because I don't feel like I fit in with the others
Reply 7
Original post by 408655
It depends on you really, what you like and dislike

But me myself, a student at Sussex, I don't really like this place because I don't feel like I fit in with the others

I see. maybe you just havent found the right people.. wait for me to get in there if i do haha or just switch bro. theres always an option.. a good one.
Reply 8
I see. maybe you just havent found the right people.. wait for me to get in there if i do haha or just switch bro. theres always an option.. a good one.

Well I look forward to your arrival (:tongue:)

I have found some really good friends who I like hanging around with. But I just find that the majority of people here are very strange, they have a completely different mindset, I wouldn't really know how to explain. It just seems like the people here live in a small bubble secluded from the rest of the world. Immature students, narrow minded and some even annoying.
Their lives are very simple and boring. It just makes me feel homesick
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by 408655
Well I look forward to your arrival (:tongue:)

I have found some really good friends who I like hanging around with. But I just find that the majority of people here are very strange, they have a completely different mindset, I wouldn't really know how to explain. It just seems like the people here live in a small bubble secluded from the rest of the world. Immature students, narrow minded and some even annoying.
Their lives are very simple and boring. It just makes me feel homesick

Hahaha yesss :biggrin: currently, it is highly likely that I will end up in Brighton (or Kingston) depending how things end. they both have the course I like and I do hope that I meet their requirements.

+ even if i end up in Kingston, i live fairly close to Brighton anyways haha!
Reply 10
Hahaha yesss :biggrin: currently, it is highly likely that I will end up in Brighton (or Kingston) depending how things end. they both have the course I like and I do hope that I meet their requirements.

+ even if i end up in Kingston, i live fairly close to Brighton anyways haha!

Oh interesting!

Wait... do you mean University of Brighton or University of Sussex?
Reply 11
Original post by 408655
Oh interesting!

Wait... do you mean University of Brighton or University of Sussex?

prob Brighton although there are courses in Sussex that kinda interests me.. but I'm still picking unis so i havent finalised anything yet

only 3 so far. Help a brother out!
doing a BTEC Extended Dip. and im currently predicted with highest grades possible(D*D*D*) + doing level 3 cert. in further maths and A-Level maths

to play it safe, i want to stick to unis that dont require the additional lessons. obviously its there to use but in case **** happens of course.

You've got the grades for Loughborough and Liverpool. You just need to have an A/B in A level maths.
Reply 13
Original post by Boredom101
You've got the grades for Loughborough and Liverpool. You just need to have an A/B in A level maths.

suppose i just got to man up and apply haha. cheers btw
Reply 14
prob Brighton although there are courses in Sussex that kinda interests me.. but I'm still picking unis so i havent finalised anything yet

only 3 so far. Help a brother out!

I don't know much about BTEC, so I can't say much there.
Aerospace and aeronautical is far from my degree too

Have you tried Queen Mary, Swansea, Strathclyde?
(edited 6 years ago)
suppose i just got to man up and apply haha. cheers btw

its all good my g
Reply 16
Original post by 408655
I don't know much about BTEC, so I can't say much there.
Aerospace and aeronautical is far from my degree too

Have you tried Queen Mary, Swansea, Strathclyde?

Queen Mary yep, i contacted them early this day unfortunately their admission guy isnt there.

Swansea is ehh, they want A-levels

Strathclyde is hella far.

I've looked into Hertfordshire, UEL, City etc. but not sure bout the uni rep except City really.
Reply 17
Queen Mary yep, i contacted them early this day unfortunately their admission guy isnt there.

Swansea is ehh, they want A-levels

Strathclyde is hella far.

I've looked into Hertfordshire, UEL, City etc. but not sure bout the uni rep except City really.

Okay well, good luck, I hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by 408655
Okay well, good luck, I hope it goes well :smile:

thanks a lot and also good luck on your studies :biggrin:
Reply 19
Check out Southampton, although the social side of uni is good you should still aim to go to the best uni for your course Southampton is a pretty solid choice for Engineering and pretty much any technical subjects and the city is pretty good for night life

Also you could check out Bristol, Liverpool and Manchester

- if you can get DDD-D*DD in Engineering + A in Maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending