The Student Room Group

Apple student discount

I'm thinking about upgrading from a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) to an Apple MacBook Pro 13 (Mid 2017). I'm wondering if the current deal is any good, or if I should wait for the next promo.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silk186
I'm thinking about upgrading from a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) to an Apple MacBook Pro 13 (Mid 2017). I'm wondering if the current deal is any good, or if I should wait for the next promo.

you can't pass up free beats
get the deal :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Silk186

I got 10% off my MacBook, without the beats stuff. I like the Apple EarPods more. :smile:

But it does seem like a pretty good deal though :yes:
Reply 3
Free headphones is better than no free headphones.
Thanks, I will probably go for it. Not sure if I will keep or sell the beats.
Original post by Silk186
Free headphones is better than no free headphones.
Thanks, I will probably go for it. Not sure if I will keep or sell the beats.

they are wireless on ear, sell them for about 180 or so, buy smth
Reply 5
Original post by Silk186

It's not worth the extra for the 256GB version, it's still very little storage. Just use cloud storage or some kind of hard-drive, it's cheaper and/or a bigger capacity.
Reply 6
Original post by Silk186

Is that the education discount/promo? Personally I'd rather money off than some Beats headphones. There are better headphones...
Reply 7
It is 10% off + a free pair of beats which you can keep or sell.
Reply 8
Original post by Silk186
It is 10% off + a free pair of beats which you can keep or sell.

Ah good deal then :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by jamestg
It's not worth the extra for the 256GB version, it's still very little storage. Just use cloud storage or some kind of hard-drive, it's cheaper and/or a bigger capacity.

My current macbook air has 256GB and a 3TB external.
The internal storage already feels too limited.
Reply 10
Original post by Silk186
My current macbook air has 256GB and a 3TB external.
The internal storage already feels too limited.

So get a bigger internal SSD.

I love my 1TB SSD plus external :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I was considering the 512gb, the 1tb is to much of a price different. I would throw in a Samsung 960 evo 1tb if apple didn't solder the thing in.
I'm also considering to buy the same deal
Reply 13
Original post by Silk186
I was considering the 512gb, the 1tb is to much of a price different. I would throw in a Samsung 960 evo 1tb if apple didn't solder the thing in.

Good plan. My 1Tb only has 400Gb actually in use :smile:
Original post by Silk186

From where did you order and how did you get this discount. I'm also looking to buy one for myself for the same price
Original post by Azeem Shah
From where did you order and how did you get this discount. I'm also looking to buy one for myself for the same price

This is from Apple's website :h: They're the one offering this discount.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
This is from Apple's website :h: They're the one offering this discount.

Did you use the unidays discount (student discount)? Sorry for my English as I've just arrived in London and am looking for a good laptop for university
Original post by Azeem Shah
Did you use the unidays discount (student discount)? Sorry for my English as I've just arrived in London and am looking for a good laptop for university

I presented a form of student ID, which was my NUS card. :yes: Is it Unidays you have?

Spoiler

Reply 18
That sounds like what I did. Google apple student discount.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I presented a form of student ID, which was my NUS card. :yes: Is it Unidays you have?

Spoiler

Yeah I've used unidays online and am getting the price of ~£1300 whereas you're getting it for ~£1100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending