The Student Room Group

What first car did you have?

Scroll to see replies

57 plate 1.4 mini one,
Insurance for first year was £800
for this year it was around £724
Original post by Xopher_
14 reg red 1.2 limited edition Corsa with 26k miles :P

I'm jealous that you have a vxr, I really want one but insurance is ridiculous for me! How old are you?

I'm 17 :lol:

I like the Limited Edition Corsa's! Although the "Limited" bit should just be removed from the name, because there's about a million of them on the roads :rofl:

Original post by Jackieox
57 plate 1.4 mini one,
Insurance for first year was £800
for this year it was around £724

Not bad insurance premiums, black box?
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I'm 17 :lol:

I like the Limited Edition Corsa's! Although the "Limited" bit should just be removed from the name, because there's about a million of them on the roads :rofl:

Not bad insurance premiums, black box?

No black box either year, I hate them =P
My first car was a 03 plate Renault Clio, I hated the living **** out of it since I couldn't actually drive it (think it was too old for me lmao) so I ended up giving it to the scrap man. Didn't bother me though since it only costed £400.

My current car (which is the second) is a 61 plate Ford Fiesta Zetec, which is a 1.25 litre that I bought for £4200 with 60-something thousand miles on it, and I absolutely love it.
Insurance is good too, like £1300 for a year without black box once I pass.
It's about £400 for my current learners insurance.

I'm 18 btw.
A red 1.1 Citroen Saxo, pictured here with a Ford Ka squashed into the back bumper. I kept the car for a good 4 years after that with the rear bumper gaffer taped up. :lol:

DSC01072.JPG
2000 reg Peugeot 206. Total s***heap that ended up on the scrap pile, but it looked nice I suppose.
Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard
A red 1.1 Citroen Saxo, pictured here with a Ford Ka squashed into the back bumper. I kept the car for a good 4 years after that with the rear bumper gaffer taped up. :lol:

Ahaha, how did that happen? :laugh:

Original post by WoodyMKC
2000 reg Peugeot 206. Total s***heap that ended up on the scrap pile, but it looked nice I suppose.

Oh o, once a Peugeot driver, always a Peugeot driver. You've disappointed me :wink:

Spoiler

Oh o, once a Peugeot driver, always a Peugeot driver. You've disappointed me :wink:

Spoiler

Like f***, never getting a Peugeot again, only bought it cause it was cheap AF to buy and run :rofl: Current car is a Ford and next one will be a Merc. Getting a pug after those would be a downgrade.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class 17 plate
Ahaha, how did that happen? :laugh:

Basically it was a patch of black ice combined with my inexperience driving in poor conditions. Then a bunch of people made the same error as me and drove into the back of me one after the other.

Actually I posted about it years ago when it happened, in a fair bit of detail - quite interesting for me to look back on.
A 1.4 VW Polo 2004...

AUTOMATIC :ashamed2: I'm so pleased tbh, I would never drive manual again. Lazy and proud.
My first car, and current car, is a Vauxhall Corsa VXR 1.6 (2013). Not cheap on insurance or fuel, let's just say that! :colondollar: But is very fun to drive :yep:

What was your first car, and what car do you have now? :biggrin:

My first official car was a Renault Clio, it was for a birthday present but I sold it as I didn’t have a licence.
Years later once I had taken my test I got a 1 series as my first car.
Original post by Paracosm
A 1.4 VW Polo 2004...

AUTOMATIC :ashamed2: I'm so pleased tbh, I would never drive manual again. Lazy and proud.

I never thought I would buy an auto until the last car I brought and now I wouldn’t go back.
Original post by paul514
I never thought I would buy an auto until the last car I brought and now I wouldn’t go back.

I honestly didn't see how it would make so much difference, but it really does...
Reply 34
How did you manage to get £1800 insurance without a black box, I did a quote and got £2400 with a black box
Original post by Crxmpy
How did you manage to get £1800 insurance without a black box, I did a quote and got £2400 with a black box

Not a clue ahaha, location probably plays the main role. I’ve always had cheap insurance quotes.
2001 nissan micra loved that car sm, only one litre but so good to drive, fun handled like a kart. Pushing it to the limit (not very fast) everyday on the way to school was great fun, the throttle was either just on or in the carpet...
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 37
59 plate corsa sri with the 1.6 turbo is my first and current car at 17 years old
Reply 38
how much insurance you pay?
My first car was a fiat punto
My current car is a nissan micra NTEC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending