The Student Room Group
Reply 1
bump.
Original post by bobwibbles
bump.

You cannot do A104 - your a level grades are too high the course is designed as a gateway to medicine and for those who are not eligible for A100 entry.
I recommened applying to 2 of each. Though you should contact the univesity and ask if you are elegible (considering most have a rule where you cannot apply for FM if your alevels are good enough for the normal year). Did you apply for foundation medicine last year? (how did things go if you dont mind me asking? Im not too sure about the weighings of UKCAT (I did really badly (crammed the ukcat) this year and also thinking about FM as an option and if I get 4 rejections all take a gap year and redo the ukcat)
Reply 4
This is my first application I have not applied before @shohaib712 and i have called and they say I am eligible for the foundation year but the only main benefits is the lower a level requirements otherwise competition is the same/even more as there are fewer places. They said I can apply for A104 as I am eligible even if my A levels are too high @TRAnders but they said ill have a better chance on the A100 as there are more places. (i fulfil the contextual criteria)
Original post by bobwibbles
This is my first application I have not applied before @shohaib712 and i have called and they say I am eligible for the foundation year but the only main benefits is the lower a level requirements otherwise competition is the same/even more as there are fewer places. They said I can apply for A104 as I am eligible even if my A levels are too high @TRAnders but they said ill have a better chance on the A100 as there are more places. (i fulfil the contextual criteria)

I recommend that you apply for A100. I simply will not benefit from an A104 course.