The Student Room Group

Criminal Caseworker (Executive Officer) Home Office

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dude2cool
You can use the same one on your form or different ones if you like. It's strictly competence-based. They may phrase it differently or ask it directly, you'll have to recognise which competency question is being asked...

Thanks. I thought they would just say "Give us an example of making effective decision?. Don't they ask you in order e.g. Making effective decision and then Leading and communicating and sooo on etc....

What is the best way to figure out which competency are they referring it to? Thanks.
Reply 41
Original post by Joshy234
Thanks. I thought they would just say "Give us an example of making effective decision?. Don't they ask you in order e.g. Making effective decision and then Leading and communicating and sooo on etc....

What is the best way to figure out which competency are they referring it to? Thanks.

Hey, I used my application answers as opposed to new examples. They do not ask the competencies in order. If you have a rough idea of the context of each competency, even if they ask in a different order you'll be able to recognise.

They dont ask any other questions. Its fully competency based.
Original post by cutegirl15
Hey, I used my application answers as opposed to new examples. They do not ask the competencies in order. If you have a rough idea of the context of each competency, even if they ask in a different order you'll be able to recognise.

They dont ask any other questions. Its fully competency based.

Thank you. So the four competencies they ask you do they rephrase all four of them or just couple? Can you tell from the keywords they use in the questions as to what competency they are trying to assess you on? Thanks.
Reply 43
They didnt rephrase any of my questions fully. It always had one key word of each competency so pace, communicating, collaborating etc. I cant remember the exact wordings of my question but my tip to you would be to stay focussed on what they ask, quickly figure out which competency, even if it takes a few seconds and start talking about it.
They didnt rephrase any of my questions fully. It always had one key word of each competency so pace, communicating, collaborating etc. I cant remember the exact wordings of my question but my tip to you would be to stay focussed on what they ask, quickly figure out which competency, even if it takes a few seconds and start talking about it.

Thank you. Right I get it now. How was your interview? I am planning to use same answers as my application form. I thought because they rephrase the questions and I might have to answer depending on what the question is?

Hi, How many Competency Based questions did they ask you in the interview please? Thanks.
Reply 46
Hi, hope everyone’s interviews went well. Does anyone know when we find out the outcome?
Original post by Frank79
Hi, hope everyone’s interviews went well. Does anyone know when we find out the outcome?

The candidate information pack says from 29th September onwards (outcomes and security clearance)...so pretty soon I suppose.
The candidate information pack says from 29th September onwards (outcomes and security clearance)...so pretty soon I suppose.

I had mine yesterday, they said 2 to 4 weeks.
Did anyone apply for both roles please?
Did anyone apply for both roles please?

I did
I did

Right cool. How did your interview go? They didnt say anything about locations in the interview.
Right cool. How did your interview go? They didnt say anything about locations in the interview.

No they didn't, we'll know from the outcome which location we're sent to...

Wouldn't it be nice though, to be offered both and then we get to choose...😊

Good luck!
No they didn't, we'll know from the outcome which location we're sent to...

Wouldn't it be nice though, to be offered both and then we get to choose...😊

Good luck!

That would be very nice, if we were given the choice to choose..... How was your interview?
Does anyone know how does the Home Office marks the interview? Is it 1 to 7 or 1 to 5 in the interview stage? Many thanks.
Reply 55
Does anyone know how does the Home Office marks the interview? Is it 1 to 7 or 1 to 5 in the interview stage? Many thanks.

Same marking as the application stage. A mark of 1 to 7. How was your interview? I assume it went ok as expected since you were querying before about the wording of the competency questions and the order.
Same marking as the application stage. A mark of 1 to 7. How was your interview? I assume it went ok as expected since you were querying before about the wording of the competency questions and the order.

I heard the interview they mark you on 1 to 5. Yes it went fine but hard to tell whether I will get through or not. The interviewers were great, how was your interview? Thanks.
Reply 57
I heard the interview they mark you on 1 to 5. Yes it went fine but hard to tell whether I will get through or not. The interviewers were great, how was your interview? Thanks.

From the initial interview invite we received, it seemed to be marked from 1 to 7. Could be different though. Same, interviewers were good. It was okay overall, cant judge exactly. The top scoring candidates in the interview will receive an offer. I guess we’ll hear back around mid/end October, considering how long the wait was post SJT. Could depend on how quickly they want these roles to start.
(edited 6 years ago)
From the initial interview invite we received, it seemed to be marked from 1 to 7. Could be different though. Same, interviewers were good. It was okay overall, cant judge exactly. The top scoring candidates in the interview will receive an offer. I guess we’ll hear back around mid/end October, considering how long the wait was post SJT. Could depend on how quickly they want these roles to start.

They told me to wait 2 to 4 weeks before we hear anything back. It is very hard to judge how good the interview went because they don't really give much away. I think mine ok not sure if they will offer me a place but I can only wait and see.

Good Luck.
Reply 59
Good Luck everyone. Let’s all hope for good news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending