The Student Room Group

Year 13 Students, come hither

As we are all in year 13 and may be deciding to go to university, take a gap year or do whatever the **** you want next year. I thought might as well start a post to see what everyone wants to do with their life. talk about anything you want. its a general chat

what do you want to do after finishing sixth form? if university what uni do you want to go to and for which subject. if gap year what are you gonna do? if anything else please do tell :smile:

ALSO WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER. DON'T BE A LITTLE **** AND MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BAD

i would like to go to university. my dream uni being either durham, exeter and warwick. And i would like to study history at exeter (maybe joint with ancient history as well) then classical studies/ancient history at durham and warwick.

And yes i am an asian (sri lankan tamil) who want to study an essay based subject at uni. don't be suprised :smile:

ALSO I DO APOLOGISE IF I END UP ASSUMING WHAT GENDER YOU ARE WHEN REPLYING TO YOUR COMMENT. I AUTOMATICALLY END UP USING FEMALE PRONOUNS. WHEN I SAY 'GUURL' OR 'BOI' BOTH OF THESE APPLY TO BOTH GENDERS
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Heyy there, I Would like to study chemistry at (hopefully) Bristol or Bath! My dream is to get a PHD
How about you????
Reply 2
I want to smash the a levels get as many a* as i can.

Then hopefully off to cambridge or bath for engineering degree.

I want to do something aerospace related in the future.

I also want to do a PhD
Survive Y13. It is all I am asking for...
Reply 4
Original post by Wolfram Alpha

^ literally this

Good luck! Here's all the tools you need to survive:
Being a theoretical physicist would be cool.
Reply 7
Original post by Shaanv
I want to smash the a levels get as many a* as i can.

Then hopefully off to cambridge or bath for engineering degree.

I want to do something aerospace related in the future.

I also want to do a PhD

yaas guuurl (sorry if you are a boy. if you are then yaas boi). you go get those a*s and get into cambridge. ill pray for you mate :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by lizaeli
yaas guuurl (sorry if you are a boy. if you are then yaas boi). you go get those a*s and get into cambridge. ill pray for you mate :smile:

If i assume everyone on the internet is a man ur perfectly welcome to assume im a girl.

Ill also pray for you and ur endeavours
Reply 9
Original post by xchloeann
Heyy there, I Would like to study chemistry at (hopefully) Bristol or Bath! My dream is to get a PHD
How about you????

i've updated my original post to include this. thanks for reminding. also you'll do it. you will get into bristol/bath and do chemistry and also get a PHD. i believe in you gurl
Reply 10

that is also something which i hope to do. survive year 13 without having any mental breakdowns.
Reply 11
Original post by Ze Witcher

....i'm not so sure about the second picture. it can be used for students who are doing cooking a level. good thinking
Reply 12
Original post by black1blade
Being a theoretical physicist would be cool.

then a theoretical physicist you shall be
Original post by lizaeli
....i'm not so sure about the second picture. it can be used for students who are doing cooking a level. good thinking

Oh yh, that's what I meant.............

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by Shaanv
If i assume everyone on the internet is a man ur perfectly welcome to assume im a girl.

Ill also pray for you and ur endeavours

Aww thanks xx.
Original post by lizaeli
i've updated my original post to include this. thanks for reminding. also you'll do it. you will get into bristol/bath and do chemistry and also get a PHD. i believe in you gurl

Thank you so much!!! Same goes for you, I'm sure you'll get into any of those universities. Good luck <3
Reply 16
Oh yh, that's what I meant.............

Spoiler

i believe you 100%....
Reply 17
Original post by xchloeann
Thank you so much!!! Same goes for you, I'm sure you'll get into any of those universities. Good luck <3

thank you <3. good luck to you too!!. ALSO don't do what I'm doing now and procrastinate on TSR for 3 hours when i have a end of unit test on respiration (biology) next week. once again good luck and may you never turn out like me :tongue:
Original post by lizaeli
As we are all in year 13 and may be deciding to go to university, take a gap year or do whatever the **** you want next year. I thought might as well start a post to see what everyone wants to do with their life. talk about anything you want. its a general chat

what do you want to do after finishing sixth form? if university what uni do you want to go to and for which subject. if gap year what are you gonna do? if anything else please do tell :smile:

ALSO WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER. DON'T BE A LITTLE **** AND MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BAD

i would like to go to university. my dream uni being either durham, exeter and warwick. And i would like to study history at exeter (maybe joint with ancient history as well) then classical studies/ancient history at durham and warwick.

And yes i am an asian (sri lankan tamil) who want to study an essay based subject at uni. don't be suprised :smile:

Nice idea for a thread! :smile:

I'm aiming to go to uni next year, my goal is to go to Durham to study Maths! (failing that, Newcastle :h: (failing that, god knows :afraid:)) After doing my Maths degree I'm wanting to do a PGCE and become a qualified teacher :biggrin:

Cool to see you're also considering Durham :tongue:

I can certainly see how useful a knife will be to me this year...

Quick Reply

Latest