The Student Room Group

I just don't understand - Rant

I was recently on a holiday where I met a guy through friends. He was always talking to me and flirting with me. His friends would always tease him when we were together but I was really cautious and didn't talk to him as much.
On the last day I thought why not but as soon as I show I might be a little interested he becomes really cold. He doesn't talk as much or show that he's interested. I mean how can someone go from showing you that he likes you so much to nothing at all in a matter of 2 days. He doesn't seem to by shy, he just looks like he was waiting for me to like him and then that's it, prove that he's capable of getting a girl to like him.
Reply 1
Maybe because you didn't talk to him as much, he thought there wasn't any point in making further moves? Partly your fault there, don't see why the need to 'rant'.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Maybe because you didn't talk to him as much, he thought there wasn't any point in making further moves? Partly your fault there, don't see why the need to 'rant'.

I said I did start talking after. I started to show him that I am interested and after that he went cold.
Wow, one guy gets away and MATEY LOSSES HER SH1T
Reply 4
Original post by chewy suarez

Lool that made me laugh! I am just so confused but you're right.
Original post by chewy suarez

That's an indecisive woman for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It was the last day of your holiday by the time you showed any interest. He probably didn't think there was any point continuing it any further at that point.

I agree with the above, 0 need for a rant.
Reply 7
Original post by SophieSmall
It was the last day of your holiday by the time you showed any interest. He probably didn't think there was any point continuing it any further at that point.

I agree with the above, 0 need for a rant.

But that's what I don't understand. If I really likes someone and made the effort then it wouldn't matter what day it was. You can't just go cold on someone you made so much effort for in one day.

I just wanted to get it off my chest because I wanted to stop caring.
Original post by Anonymous
But that's what I don't understand. If I really likes someone and made the effort then it wouldn't matter what day it was. You can't just go cold on someone you made so much effort for in one day.

I just wanted to get it off my chest because I wanted to stop caring.

Um...yes you can. You knew him for what the short time of the holiday? He liked you and so gave it a go. You gave nothing back until the last day, why should he care anymore? You're about to split ways and probably won't see each other again. Probably didn't want to waste any more of his holiday.

People can change their minds.

No need to make into a conspiracy of what a bad guy he is only waiting until you liked him to give you the cold shoulder.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I said I did start talking after. I started to show him that I am interested and after that he went cold.

You can't just decide to show interest back whenever you feel like it. Dating can be a fast game, if you're interested in someone and they're not showing any form of interest back, you're going to move on quickly. Then you suddenly show interest, it's like you're playing games.

Chalk it down to experience.
Original post by SophieSmall
Um...yes you can. You knew him for what the short time of the holiday? He liked you and so gave it a go. You gave nothing back until the last day, why should he care anymore? You're about to split ways and probably won't see each other again. Probably didn't want to waste any more of his holiday.

People can change their minds.

No need to make into a conspiracy of what a bad guy he is only waiting until you liked him to give you the cold shoulder.

Original post by UWS
You can't just decide to show interest back whenever you feel like it. Dating can be a fast game, if you're interested in someone and they're not showing any form of interest back, you're going to move on quickly. Then you suddenly show interest, it's like you're playing games.

Chalk it down to experience.

Okay.
he's gay ?

asexual ?

trans ?

you never know these days.

and why would anyone on this forum know ??? we weren't there.
Reply 12
To be honest, I think he wasn't all that interested in you in the first place. It was an option.

Personal experience: Guys are different when they are on holiday to when they are at home. Once I was on holiday, some guy sent me a message under my hotel room door, also from UK, I gathered it was just a 'holiday fling' he was after and did not reciprocate. & Yes, some people do just change their minds like someone stated above ( Sorry dont remember the user name)

Consider this a lucky escape, if he was really that interested in you, the pursuit would have lasted longer. If a guy really likes you, he wont give up that easily & Yes for some, it is a case of thinking can I get her? Ohh I got her. Next!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending