The Student Room Group

Law at Birmingham or Warwick?

Considering I will be commuting to both, which would you suggest?

Warwick would be further to commute but it seems like a great university so I'm very conflicted?
Original post by m-k1

Warwick would be further to commute but it seems like a great university so I'm very conflicted?

Since it's come down to this, choose one that would sound cooler in your CV.
Which one do you prefer in terms of night life, societies, city versus campus?
Reply 3
Original post by tehforum
Which one do you prefer in terms of night life, societies, city versus campus?

In terms of city vs campus and night life, I don't think it will matter for me as I'll be commuting
Original post by m-k1

They're both great universities with similar reputations. You should visit both and see which one you prefer.

In my opinion though, Warwick is only really worth it for Maths/Economics. If you're not studying those subjects, you might as well just go to the one you think you'll like more.
Original post by m-k1

Warwick
Reply 6
Original post by banoffeee
Warwick

Why do you think so?
Original post by m-k1
Why do you think so?

Likely based on the exclusively TSR notion that Warwick is up there with Cambridge and MIT.
Original post by m-k1
Why do you think so?

The fact that Birmingham was established 65 years before Warwick and has 11 Nobel laureates and two Prime Ministers to its name means absolutely nothing on TSR.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by MaskOfKeaton
The fact that Birmingham was established 65 years before Warwick, has 11 Nobel laureates and two Prime Ministers to its name means absolutely nothing on TSR.

So...im guessing you say Warwick? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by m-k1
So...im guessing you say Warwick? :smile:

*birmingham
You have 5 UCAS choices, why not both?
Original post by m-k1
*birmingham

It depends on what you're studying, although I think their Law departments are meant to be the same in terms of reputation.

They're two very different universities. Warwick tends to rank higher in domestic league tables (although the difference is small), and it also has one of the best Maths departments in the country, but that doesn't mean the university is more respected than Birmingham.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending