The Student Room Group

Advice on getting a job in the sixth form

Basically I wanna get a part time evening / weekend job to earn money whilst in the sixth form. I'm doing four A levels so I still want to focus on studying but I don't really have any idea of how many hours I should do and where to find a job etc...

If anyone has any experience of this then please share as I'm kinda stuck
My sixth form recommends working no more than 12 hours per week, although we do only 3 A levels so maybe it would be best to do a couple less hours than that? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CupOfCaramel
My sixth form recommends working no more than 12 hours per week, although we do only 3 A levels so maybe it would be best to do a couple less hours than that? :smile:

Thank you. Any ideas on where to get a job...?
Original post by RuneFreeze
Thank you. Any ideas on where to get a job...?

No idea sorry, I work at a horse yard so unless you're into horses then I can't really help haha, you could try shops in town?
I just applied for Argos, as a Christmas job, and I'm in 6th form college.
You're not meant to work more than 12 hours a week, and a lot of our teachers actually say that having a job isn't the best idea. Perhaps you could do what I'm doing and just get a job around Christmas time?

You could also hand your CV round to little coffee shops, and cafes, and places like that. Then you might just be able to get a Saturday job. I know people who work at places like Next, and even Mcdonalds, and they have to work so many hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending