The Student Room Group

height

im 16 and 6'2''. dad is 5'9'' and mum 5'8''. i have been having an okay diet, with lots of nutrients and everything important etc. i just slept only about 6-7 hours since 13 and im really worried because i feel like i stunted my grwth around 2-3 inches please help me im really anxious
You're over 6 feet tall and you feel like you're too short? Really? You're taller than most people will ever be. Relax. If you were 5'2" then I'd say it's not right but you're fine. You're taller than your parents so how can you feel short?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You're over 6 feet tall and you feel like you're too short? Really? You're taller than most people will ever be. Relax. If you were 5'2" then I'd say it's not right but you're fine. You're taller than your parents so how can you feel short?

its not that i feel short it is just that im thinking i could be like 6'4'' or something and im getting crazy really crazy i know it sound stupid af but i just want to know that this height is the most possible for me and i couldnt be taller
Reply 3
You actually shrink from 16-18, it's scientifically proven. You should be about 5'2" in a couple of years.
. Relax. If you were 5'2" then I'd say it's not right but you're fine?

feelsbadman
Original post by alex200143
im 16 and 6'2''. dad is 5'9'' and mum 5'8''. i have been having an okay diet, with lots of nutrients and everything important etc. i just slept only about 6-7 hours since 13 and im really worried because i feel like i stunted my grwth around 2-3 inches please help me im really anxious

You're smaller than my penis - you should feel ashamed.

Jk, on a serious note though; you considered tall when your parents come into the equation, so why you acting like a sissy?
its not that i feel short it is just that im thinking i could be like 6'4'' or something and im getting crazy really crazy i know it sound stupid af but i just want to know that this height is the most possible for me and i couldnt be taller

You're very unlikely to grow any more. Why the obsession with being taller? Does it make you feel more of a man to be 6'4" whereas being 2 inches shorter makes you feel like a failure?
Reply 7
You're very unlikely to grow any more. Why the obsession with being taller? Does it make you feel more of a man to be 6'4" whereas being 2 inches shorter makes you feel like a failure?

I don't feel like a failure I just want to know if I reached my full potential.
Reply 8
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
You're smaller than my penis - you should feel ashamed.

Jk, on a serious note though; you considered tall when your parents come into the equation, so why you acting like a sissy?
I just want to know if I reached my full potential that's why I act like a pussy. I dont think I did something wrong.
Reply 9

Also I just turned 16 10 days ago, so I might grow an inch more. I wish so at least😂
I don't feel like a failure I just want to know if I reached my full potential.

You cannot possibly ascertain by asking TSR (or by any means, other thank simply waiting), although I would think not, given that boys tend to grow for longer than girls, so you probably have a few more years. In any case 6'2 is a very good height indeed, and you really needn't worry.
Reply 11
Original post by Rachmaninov
You cannot possibly ascertain by asking TSR (or by any means, other thank simply waiting), although I would think not, given that boys tend to grow for longer than girls, so you probably have a few more years. In any case 6'2 is a very good height indeed, and you really needn't worry.

Actually I have done nothing wrong. I mean my diet contains everything, I also play basketball in a team that means I exercise. There just were days when I was younger that I had to study late and I went to sleep like 12-1 and had to wake up at 7:30 for school. But I don't think I lost height because of that I mean it should fcking be that simple.
bro, u are way above the average height for your age. No need to worry (except if u were a giraffe) .
Reply 13
Original post by waleed99
bro, u are way above the average height for your age. No need to worry (except if u were a giraffe) .
yeah but what I want to know is if I could be even taller. I know that it sounds stupid but im just worried for a reason
I just want to know if I reached my full potential that's why I act like a pussy. I dont think I did something wrong.

There's still some left, but at your age your growth is guaranteed to stagnate, since your body is close to finishing all the requisite changes to enter adulthood. I mean you should know this and all, but I'm gona let you off the mocking stand out of pity, knowing that you haven't studied properly or just aren't able to apply your basic knowledge to day to day life = which in turn means your the type that gets carried in games. :smile:
Reply 15
There's still some left, but at your age your growth is guaranteed to stagnate, since your body is close to finishing all the requisite changes to enter adulthood. I mean you should know this and all, but I'm gona let you off the mocking stand out of pity, knowing that you haven't studied properly or just aren't able to apply your basic knowledge to day to day life = which in turn means your the type that gets carried in games. :smile:

Bro when we talk about genetics, nothing is guaranteed. Anthony Davis(NBA all star player). Went from 6'2" to 6'11" between 16 and seventeen in the exact age I am at. Tim Duncan went from 6'1" to 6'11" at 18 years old.But anyway, that's not the fcking point. I know that's not going to happend to me. I just want to know if I could have done something differently in the past in order to be taller now.
Bro when we talk about genetics, nothing is guaranteed. Anthony Davis(NBA all star player). Went from 6'2" to 6'11" between 16 and seventeen in the exact age I am at. Tim Duncan went from 6'1" to 6'11" at 18 years old.But anyway, that's not the fcking point. I know that's not going to happend to me. I just want to know if I could have done something differently in the past in order to be taller now.

Why cry over spilled milk. Plus anyway your name sounds like a white mans name, so you originally didn't stand a chance against black man genes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm high if anyone is interested
What made you think this would be a good idea for a troll?
Reply 19
Why cry over spilled milk. Plus anyway your name sounds like a white mans name, so you originally didn't stand a chance against black man genes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's technically true😂 But anyways, it's not my fault that I'm white, and i just read somewhere that nothing can actually stunt growth except bad nutrition, bad quality environment an deseases, so I think I reached my full potential.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending