The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend and in college?

I'm ugly and it's making me depressed. Boys have never liked me.

I have all sorts wrong with my appearance. I have an ugly face, big ears(I plan on getting surgery on them one day) awkward damaged hair that won't grow and I'm a bit fat.

I've been trying to lose weight and grow my hair to get boys to like me but I feel like no matter what I do I'll still be ugly and I'll never be loved.

I see all these happy couples in college and it makes me hate myself even more. If I wasn't so ****ing ugly, that couldve been me.

Scroll to see replies

Not what you want to hear, but same....
Original post by Ilgsmwamh
I'm ugly and it's making me depressed. Boys have never liked me.

I have all sorts wrong with my appearance. I have an ugly face, big ears(I plan on getting surgery on them one day) awkward damaged hair that won't grow and I'm a bit fat.

I've been trying to lose weight and grow my hair to get boys to like me but I feel like no matter what I do I'll still be ugly and I'll never be loved.

I see all these happy couples in college and it makes me hate myself even more. If I wasn't so ****ing ugly, that couldve been me.

college as in you are doing your A-Levels?
Reply 3
Original post by justanotherchica
college as in you are doing your A-Levels?

I don't want to sound stupid but I don't know, I've just left year 11 and I got bad grades for my gcses so I'm re doing maths and English
I don't want to sound stupid but I don't know, I've just left year 11 and I got bad grades for my gcses so I'm re doing maths and English

okay im in year 13 and the last thing on my mind is getting a boyfriend. ive never even had a boyfriend! Colleges have more lax rules and less academic focus so I understand but remember studying is your priority. Your future comes first, you need to get in to uni or do an apprenticeships or take a secure route before you start thinking about this kinda stuff. You're young anyways so you have lots of time left.

I am pretty sure you were lazy before. Just put more efforts in GCSE and stop thinking about relationship and you will be fine.
Reply 6
okay im in year 13 and the last thing on my mind is getting a boyfriend. ive never even had a boyfriend! Colleges have more lax rules and less academic focus so I understand but remember studying is your priority. Your future comes first, you need to get in to uni or do an apprenticeships or take a secure route before you start thinking about this kinda stuff. You're young anyways so you have lots of time left.

Yeah but most girls get boyfriends when they're like 13. It make sure me feel like I'll never be loved. Working is really hard for me because I hardly understand anything.
Reply 7
Original post by chungyanho
I am pretty sure you were lazy before. Just put more efforts in GCSE and stop thinking about relationship and you will be fine.

It's not as simple as "stop thinking about it". You don't understand. i wish it was that easy.

I wasn't lazy, I have autism and I rarely understood anything because it was full of big words and the questions were too hard. I didn't even get any extra help for my GCSEs.
Yeah but most girls get boyfriends when they're like 13. It make sure me feel like I'll never be loved. Working is really hard for me because I hardly understand anything.

okay boys are not everything and those girls were hardly in a proper relationship. I don't understand what the hell they were doing.
if you find studying hard then you should get tuition so that they can help you break down class content and do your homework. Always ask for help from teachers and set out time for studying and going over your work at home and if you have time researching more on your subject. so you are prepared for class.
if you dont mind me asking which subjects are you studying?
Reply 9
okay boys are not everything and those girls were hardly in a proper relationship. I don't understand what the hell they were doing.
if you find studying hard then you should get tuition so that they can help you break down class content and do your homework. Always ask for help from teachers and set out time for studying and going over your work at home and if you have time researching more on your subject. so you are prepared for class.
if you dont mind me asking which subjects are you studying?

Art, maths and English
There isn’t a ‘set’ age for getting a boyfriend etc. People do different things at different times. Try not to let it bother you. Focus on what you’re doing in your life at the moment- e.g. college. Might be worth speaking to someone such as a doctor if you are feeling low about yourself or talk to friends/family. You are beautiful no matter your flaws 🙂
Art, maths and English

are they all a levels
It's not as simple as "stop thinking about it". You don't understand. i wish it was that easy.

I wasn't lazy, I have autism and I rarely understood anything because it was full of big words and the questions were too hard. I didn't even get any extra help for my GCSEs.

Btw girls who get bf when they r 13 are proper sl*** and you dont want that.... I know you really want a bf but I think what u really need is a hobby/ good female friends to go out with. Btw do you have learning disability, I dont want to sound rude.
Reply 13
Original post by chungyanho
Btw girls who get bf when they r 13 are proper sl*** and you dont want that.... I know you really want a bf but I think what u really need is a hobby/ good female friends to go out with. Btw do you have learning disability, I dont want to sound rude.

anxiety and autism
never had a boyf either, relax, theres more to life than bois
I didn't get a boyfriend until I was almost 19. Relationships really aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway. Friendships are better and longer lasting.
Reply 16
Original post by AnnieGakusei
I didn't get a boyfriend until I was almost 19. Relationships really aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway. Friendships are better and longer lasting.

It's hard for me to keep friends as well
I felt the same way and never had a boyfriend until I met my current one 6 months ago in the last couple of weeks of college. Your time will come so try not to worry about this kind of stuff and work hard :smile:
You have to realise that boys are the answer to get over your anxiety/autism. you have to first love yourself, then focus on boys. If you don't love yourself then what is the point. Also, beauty is in the eye of beholder. You may think someone is beautiful however they may think they are the ugliest person ever, same way you think.
Also, I'm 18, never had a boyfriend, sure I would like a relationship but we are young, theres plenty of time for boyfriends or girlfriends or whatever.
Never had a girlfriend before and I left college this year. All I can say is it isn't really needed for now until you know you have found the right person then carry on studying hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending