The Student Room Group

Ernst and Young assessment centre.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
Reply 21
See my post a few posts back in the thread.

Wikijobs also has loads of info...
Hey guys,

I have recently been offered a role at EY for the school leaver programme so if anyone needs any help with any of the stages let me know :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 23
Original post by salisbury12
Hey guys,

I have recently been offered a role at EY for the school leaver programme so if anyone needs any help with any of the stages let me know :smile:

Good luck!

Hi,

I have my AC for EY next Tuesday and I was wondering if you can give me a little bit of info on the individual task, as I have been reading a lot about it but no one really tells what the ask on the first part the case study part. Also if you can tell me a little bit about the numerical test, are they harder? or how did you find them?. Any other advice about it will be really welcome

Thanks a lot for your help!
Original post by dass07
Hi,

I have my AC for EY next Tuesday and I was wondering if you can give me a little bit of info on the individual task, as I have been reading a lot about it but no one really tells what the ask on the first part the case study part. Also if you can tell me a little bit about the numerical test, are they harder? or how did you find them?. Any other advice about it will be really welcome

Thanks a lot for your help!

The case study for each one is different, but for mine I had to write a report about some financial information and then how I would lead a team to do this task. It mentions a student who is going to be leaving for study leave so make sure you mention how you will deal with her! Overall I think it's alright, not too time pressured and quite simple too bring in figures!

I felt the psychometric tests were harder in person as you feel the pressure so much more, especially the time management of it all.

For the group exercise they give you a topic to discuss between you and the other people in your group. Just important for this one that you don't argue, make your opinion heard but don't be too loud. In my AC, one particular guy wasn't too confident and I asked him what his views were and they seemed to like that gesture.

If you need anything else let me know!
Reply 25
Hey guys,

Good luck!

I have been offered an interview which is in 2 days, would you be able to share your experience and how you prepared and what the interview involved as in case study etc.

cheers
Original post by mr_miagi
I have been offered an interview which is in 2 days, would you be able to share your experience and how you prepared and what the interview involved as in case study etc.

cheers

Is this the first interview or partner?
Reply 27
Is this the first interview or partner?

Sorry I should have been clearer,

This is the first stage interview and I am applying to UK&I Assurance in London.

Best
Original post by mr_miagi
Sorry I should have been clearer,

This is the first stage interview and I am applying to UK&I Assurance in London.

Best

Oh right okay.

It is mainly to do with situation based questions, you need to go in with plenty of examples of things. Such as how you have dealt with something in a certain situation. There is a lot of questions but I don't think they ask you all of them!
Original post by montyr
Hi there,

Having passed my first round interview I have been invited to an assessment centre.

I am just wondering what they are like?

I actually enjoyed the interview, is this a whole different kettle of fish?

I understand that it's team based activities and then an interview with a partner?

Anybody know the proportion of people that will get an offer?

Cheers, Ryan.

hey, My name is Anum. And I am very much interested in applying for the EY Scholarship. Could you please specifically tell me the question that were asked din the interviews and what were the questions in the assessments.
Thankyou :smile:
Original post by Summer of 69
hey

i applied for the manchester office and they rang me 2 days after id done the online tests to say that id been successful and when my interview was. I probs would call them if i was you!

Hey do you The amount of salary offered from the ADVISORY scholarships?
Hi all,

I have the EY assessment centre in London for assurance next week, does anyone who has had any previous experience with EY asssessment centre have any recent tips for me? I read the website and apparently, it contains a written exercise in which you require a calculator, group exercise and individual exercise with maybe a colleague lunch in between.

Many Thanks
Reply 32
It was a longtime ago that I did the AC but at the time I checked wikijobs which had a lot of info...

For mine there was a group exercise, the usual tips here, don't be too pushy/ott but don't sit there in silence and be a passenger either, fairly common sense stuff.

There was also a mock phone call with a disgruntled trainee, who you had to talk round...

Then tests which were the same as the online tests.

It was pretty straightforward to be honest.

I actually left to join the civil service in the end, that consisted of 2 full day assessment centres and was far tougher...
Reply 33
Original post by cricketplyr
Hi all,

I have the EY assessment centre in London for assurance next week, does anyone who has had any previous experience with EY asssessment centre have any recent tips for me? I read the website and apparently, it contains a written exercise in which you require a calculator, group exercise and individual exercise with maybe a colleague lunch in between.

Many Thanks

Hey mate, I have my EY assessment centre in a few days and I was wondering if you can provide me with some tips?

Also how in depth do I need to go with the prework?
Original post by Siddzzy
Hey mate, I have my EY assessment centre in a few days and I was wondering if you can provide me with some tips?

Also how in depth do I need to go with the prework?

Not much required, just think about broad points and link them to EY if you can. Just try to stay chatty, my assessment centre only had 6 people in it, very nice and relaxed
Reply 35
Ohh thank you for that. By any chance do you remember any questions you were asked/made to discuss during the conversation with the assessor?What did the written test consist of?
Reply 36
HI Siddzzy, did you have the AC? please may you give me some tips?
Reply 37
Has anyone done the EY AC recently?
Original post by Yozza
Has anyone done the EY AC recently?

I've got one coming up soon, could you please tell me what it consisted of or any tips? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending