The Student Room Group

Waitrose sales assistant

How much does the pay go up and how often? And what's the most hours Waitrose actually give you ?
It goes up every few months, over three years I went from £6.48 to £7.72 and minimum hours has increased this past year to 15 from what I heard from new recruits, you can choose to do extra overtime, they've recently implemented 'modern waitrose' so you'll be trained in loads of different areas
Reply 2
Hello,

Hope someone can help me :/
Can someone please explain how do we get pay.. I am new to Waitrose and September was my first month working at Waitrose.
I believe I didn't get pay correctly for all the extra hours I done.. basically I did 19.75 hours up to the cut of date (16thseptember) but I remember they weren't added to my time card before the 16th.. for that reason I spoke to my manager and she did add the hours to my timecard on the dates they were supposed to be but that was on the 18th of september. She told me that I was supposed to get pay for the extra hours I did this month because she "fixed the problem". Anyways, i didn't get pay for them, so does this mean that those hours she added will be on my next pay check ? Because she modified my timecard after the cut off date?
I am getting really annoyed with Waitrose because they are never adding my hours right and I have to keep asking them to fix it.
Original post by iae142
Hello,

Hope someone can help me :/
Can someone please explain how do we get pay.. I am new to Waitrose and September was my first month working at Waitrose.
I believe I didn't get pay correctly for all the extra hours I done.. basically I did 19.75 hours up to the cut of date (16thseptember) but I remember they weren't added to my time card before the 16th.. for that reason I spoke to my manager and she did add the hours to my timecard on the dates they were supposed to be but that was on the 18th of september. She told me that I was supposed to get pay for the extra hours I did this month because she "fixed the problem". Anyways, i didn't get pay for them, so does this mean that those hours she added will be on my next pay check ? Because she modified my timecard after the cut off date?
I am getting really annoyed with Waitrose because they are never adding my hours right and I have to keep asking them to fix it.

It should be on your next pay check next month, if it is not then talk to a manager
Reply 4
Original post by bellaryall
It should be on your next pay check next month, if it is not then talk to a manager

Thank you for replying ! I will wait for the next pay check and see how it goes 😂 Hopefully it will be sorted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest