The Student Room Group

The world as we know it is falling apart

Hiya!

Is anyone concerned about the following things all happening this year;

The amount of hurricanes,
Earthquakes,
North Korea with missiles,
And loads of other stuff..

It's scary to think that all of these things are happening..

Also please note that I am not right or wrong, nor having an argument with anyone, I simply made this post to gain more information on how other people think about these topics.

Thanks 😀
Whats even more worrying is that the president of the United States doesn't believe in climate change, despite all of this happening around him.
Nah. The world has always been full of ****, most of which is in the past and far, far more scary than it is now.

It's just that information and instant media coverage make the issues seem worse now.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Whats even more worrying is that the president of the United States doesn't believe in climate change, despite all of this happening around him.

it's not so much not believing in climate change but the cause of climate change whether it's man made or not. Volcanoes spew out more than humans do and a few wildfires can too.
Original post by SCIENCE :D

I see little issue with this... Science isn't a religion, it isn't gospel. If we never questioned science, we wouldn't get anywhere... Saying that though, there's no denying that we should at least reduce pollution for the sake of air quality and general health..

As for the hurricanes? I'd wait for the season to be over before making any judgements...
Original post by JoshDawg
it's not so much not believing in climate change but the cause of climate change whether it's man made or not. Volcanoes spew out more than humans do and a few wildfires can too.

That statement needs qualification. Volcanoes and wildfires are transient events. Human activities are continuous and sustained, which during the industrial age, has exceeded natural greenhouse gas production more than tenfold.
Reply 6
Original post by JoshDawg
Volcanoes spew out more than humans do and a few wildfires can too.

No they don't, that's completely false.
Reply 7
Not really, I for one welcome nuclear war and mass natural disasters
Original post by Flower_123
Hiya!

Is anyone concerned about the following things all happening this year;

The amount of hurricanes,
Earthquakes,
North Korea with missiles,
And loads of other stuff..

It's scary to think that all of these things are happening..

Also please note that I am not right or wrong, nor having an argument with anyone, I simply made this post to gain more information on how other people think about these topics.

Thanks 😀

Yes, I'm concerned. However, bad things do go on in the world and the media is reporting more and more of it. I imagine a similar case could have been made in 2005, with Hurricane Katrina and war in Iraq and 7/7. 12 years on, we're still here and civilisation hasn't collapsed. :smile:

There are lot of bad things, but the media only ever reports the bad things and never many of the positives.
Reply 9
"The world as we know it is falling apart"

No it isn't. Hyperbole does nobody any favours. Stop trolling.
Original post by Drewski
"The world as we know it is falling apart"

No it isn't. Hyperbole does nobody any favours. Stop trolling.

It's exaggeration

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending