The Student Room Group

I'm Turkish - Ask me anything you want to know about Turkey?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What's the food like there? Is it only kebabs? (Sorry if I sound ignorant, I just really like food). Also where would the best place to holiday in turkey be?

The Turkich cuisine consists of kebabs you're not wrong but their are also other dishes such as Karniyarik (Aubergine stuffed with mince meat) theres alot of pastry dishes such as Gozleme and Borek, variety of soaps such as Iskembe Corbasi made from cows stomach, theres the famous turkish pizza, turkish pasta which consists of folding triangle dough filled with meat and served with garlic yogurt and hot butter.
Reply 81
Original post by verier
Why Turkish have done some many massacres and genocides?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Turkey

No comment why Turkish eradicated millions of lives in the very recent history?
what is the meaning of beauty in Turkey, and what is seen as attractive in a girl?
I agree with absolutely everything.
Are there black people in Turkey and how are they treated?

Yes black people live in turkey just like me! turkish people are really kind but some of them are not used to see black and tend to ask for too much selfies
Reply 84
Original post by kenza lindsay
Yes black people live in turkey just like me! turkish people are really kind but some of them are not used to see black and tend to ask for too much selfies

I visited Turkey last year and I had many selfie requests.

I'm a black girl.

I struggled with the pervy men though. I won't visit alone again. Next time i will go with someone.
Original post by asamedkaradal
tbh i havent tried it but would like to cause its an interesting desert since one of its ingredients is chicken meat

No it's not! Where on earth did you get the idea? It's just its name.
Do you like iranians aha
Reply 87
The Turkich cuisine consists of kebabs you're not wrong but their are also other dishes such as Karniyarik (Aubergine stuffed with mince meat) theres alot of pastry dishes such as Gozleme and Borek, variety of soaps such as Iskembe Corbasi made from cows stomach, theres the famous turkish pizza, turkish pasta which consists of folding triangle dough filled with meat and served with garlic yogurt and hot butter.

Thats quite a risky question, so im going to try answer in the best way possible so i dont seem racist or anything!

One reason why Turks are better than the Arabs is probably due to our rich history - you have the Seljuk Empire, the Ottoman Empire and of course Mustafa Kemal Ataturk who defeated the Western imperialists to found the modern Republic of Turkey. Whilst Arabs, in Turkey, are viewed as traitors for siding with Laurence of Arabia in the Arab Revolt during WW1 to defeat the Ottoman Empire in pursuit of Arab nationalism, and instead ending up with the Sykes-Picot agreement and British and French imperialism.

Another reason is the Arab betrayal of Muslims worldwide. To put it into modern context, back in June 2017 the Arabs led by Saudi Arabia were quick to gang up on Qatar and blockade the country, whereas not one Arab nation has voiced their concern and opposition to Myanmar's ethnic clean of Rohingya Muslims, whereas Turkey has condemned Myanmar at every opportunity possible such as the UN General Assembly and has offered Bangladesh financial aid as well as other forms aid for the Rohingya Muslims refugees they are sheltering.

Also, Turkey has the largest Syrian refugee population, currently numbered at more than 3 million. Whilst oil rich Arab nations such as KSA and UAE barely have any Syrian refugees.

I can list other reasons as well but i think this is enough for now

All of your reasons focus on the governments not the people. I've been to Turkey alot and yes turkish people are always ready to help in any possible way, they are so kind and friendly and i like them a lot and always trying to learn new things about their life that i even started learning their language 💕 But that does not make the arabs less and im sorry that people are viewing arab ppl like that. I just think you met the wrong people andI really hope that you and the person who asked will get to meet the right ones Best wishes 🌸
Reply 88
Have the university professors been allowed out of prison or got their jobs back?
Reply 89
Original post by Jono0
Have the university professors been allowed out of prison or got their jobs back?

It's not only them. Millions of people got prosecuted and many minorities are eradicated. Easterns will never be westernised.
When will Turkey give the north of Cyprus back?
Reply 91
Do you watch ertegrul?
Why is Ataturk loved so much by the public when he done so much harm to Islam
Original post by Hsnkx
Do you watch ertegrul?

yep I do
u eat turkey
Original post by Willeyeam2017
u eat turkey

Yes they do eat turkey
What is Antakya like? I believe my ancestors are from there (not 100% certain) his name was Yaghi (Seljuk Empire and crusades period of time- 1090s)
What is Antakya like? I believe my ancestors are from there (not 100% certain) his name was Yaghi (Seljuk Empire and crusades period of time- 1090s)

how did you make to find that?
Reply 98
What’s your view on secularisation and do you think it has harmed or benefitted religion in Turkey?
is there native turkeys there?

Quick Reply

Latest