The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Were where you at the alleged time of the assault?
Reply 2
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Were where you at the alleged time of the assault?

in the canteen place - same place as her.

i was in the same place as her, unfortunately.
Original post by 1anonymous1
so long story short bc of complications - a girl, because of various reasons, has accused me of sexual assault. i didn't assault her. she's got 7 of her friends to make witness statements against me to the school.

please help. i'm on the edge.

If she is falsely accusing you then the school must take in some claims from both sides of the story surely they wouldn't just punish you straight away. Also if she feels like it was sexual assault for whatever reason you should probably try to talk to her and say how its a misunderstanding
Reply 4
this genuinely isn't a troll thread. i know what the school was told through rumour.
Reply 5
Original post by The Wise
If she is falsely accusing you then the school must take in some claims from both sides of the story surely they wouldn't just punish you straight away. Also if she feels like it was sexual assault for whatever reason you should probably try to talk to her and say how its a misunderstanding

too scared to
What I would do is talk, privately, with whoever is investigating your case and argue your innocence but also tell them to talk to each of the 7 seven alleged witness privately and, if as you say shes falsely accusing you, then theres bound to be discrepencies in their stories as its hard for 7 different people to stick to the same story, someone is bound to mess up
Reply 7
Get witnesses on your side. What did she accuse you of specifically?
so long story short bc of complications - a girl, because of various reasons, has accused me of sexual assault. i didn't assault her. she's got 7 of her friends to make witness statements against me to the school.

Sexual assault is a serious allegation. Your school will not immediately believe her without getting your side of the story. If you are really worried you can go to a law advice centre and get some advice. Most law advice centres are free and a lot of university law departments run them.

If her and her friends try and take this to court, and they are caught lying, they can be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice. So I doubt they will be stupid enough to try and do this.
too scared to

Well what actually happened??

Get a solicitor.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/for-the-public/common-legal-issues/criminal/
Original post by constantine2016
Your school will not immediately believe her without getting your side of the story.

This just isn't true, look at all the times people have been expelled from schools/universities due to false assault claims.

Dude, lawyer up. Seriously. If you don't, you'll be defenseless as the girl, her friends, and the school go to town and crap all over you.
Hehe you're in some deep **** know my friend
Was there any CCTV in the area? And if I'm being honest, I don't think they'd all risk doing this if you didn't actually do something to her. Please be honest, did you physically interact with her at all in the canteen? Even touching a person can be seen as being sexual assault these days......
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ElAshtonio
Was there any CCTV in the area? And if I'm being honest, I don't think they'd all risk doing this if you didn't actually do something to her. Please be honest, did you physically interact with her at all in the canteen? Even touching a person can be seen as being sexual assault these days......

There have been numerous cases where people have lied for a friend and school kids are probably much more likely to do something like that. He could have touched her accidently though, as that happens a lot in crowded spaces.

What exactly is the allegation? What do you think her motive might be?
Reply 15
Stand your ground, threaten to take it to court and remind her and her friends that you can be sent to prison for making false accusations like that
Being accused of carrying out a sexual assault in a school canteen in front of multiple witnesses does sound a little unusual but it could be very serious. Has the school or police spoken to you? What exactly have they said? Do you know what exactly you're being accused of? Have you given them your version of events? Is there anyone else who can back up your version of events?

These might be questions to discuss with your parents or potentially a lawyer.
Original post by DarthRoar
This just isn't true, look at all the times people have been expelled from schools/universities due to false assault claims.

Dude, lawyer up. Seriously. If you don't, you'll be defenseless as the girl, her friends, and the school go to town and crap all over you.

Firstly, I never claimed to be an expert in law. Hence why I told the OP to go to a law advice centre to get some input from professionals rather than from a internet student forum.

Secondly, schools do not take expulsion lightly. A lot of investigation would take place before expelling someone. The school will not just listen to the girl and the friend without hearing the boy's side of the story first.
Reply 18
Dude, lawyer up.

there is literally no better option than this, don't listen to anyone on this thread, who by the way have no vested interest in your fate beyond an entertaining story to read, telling you to do x and y in the meantime. you WILL mess up in the process and get yourself into even more trouble.

there's a reason politicians/corporations/anyone who knows what they're doing always have the exact same line when questioned about incidents of controversy by the press or other busybodies: "no comment." (or something similar)

don't be stupid, don't let pride or the heat of the moment get the better of you.
this makes me so angry, please get all lawyer on their asses and let them know they can't get away with this. I don't know how but please do it

Latest

Trending

Trending