The Student Room Group

Learndirect access course

Has anyone completed or is completing an access course with learndirect? I'm looking tondo the general health one but I'm unsure on what support you actually receive from them and how the work is?

I've heard good and bad reports so any opinion would be hugely appreciated!
Reply 1
learn direct is the biggest load of waste of time ever it is horsesh*t
Reply 2
Have you studied with them?
Reply 3
i got no benefit from them
I'm doing one with them now, I'm half way through it and to be honest once your past the first 5 units it's pretty interesting and the study notes that give you are clear and helps ful
Original post by Ellisha2101
I'm doing one with them now, I'm half way through it and to be honest once your past the first 5 units it's pretty interesting and the study notes that give you are clear and helps ful

Do universities accept the Learndirect access course? I'm thinking of doing one myself (access to medicine). I previously did mine at the Manchester College and I know most of my classmates got offers. Not too sure about learn direct. I called them this morning and they told me to first double check with the unis if they accept it.
Original post by Sniper21
Do universities accept the Learndirect access course? I'm thinking of doing one myself (access to medicine). I previously did mine at the Manchester College and I know most of my classmates got offers. Not too sure about learn direct. I called them this morning and they told me to first double check with the unis if they accept it.

Well I checked with the ones I am applying to which are all the Leeds uni's (university of Leeds is Russell Group and they wern't phased) and Bradford and they say yes. As long as it's accredited I don't think many have any problem with it.

Obviously check the ones you want to apply to though just to put your mind at rest.
Original post by Ellisha2101
Well I checked with the ones I am applying to which are all the Leeds uni's (university of Leeds is Russell Group and they wern't phased) and Bradford and they say yes. As long as it's accredited I don't think many have any problem with it.

Obviously check the ones you want to apply to though just to put your mind at rest.

Thank you for your reply. Leeds gave me an offer but they wanted straight distinctions (that's 45 credits at distinction!), and I only got 15. I didn't get in. Also, can I retake gcse maths whilst doing the access course?
Original post by Sniper21
Thank you for your reply. Leeds gave me an offer but they wanted straight distinctions (that's 45 credits at distinction!), and I only got 15. I didn't get in. Also, can I retake gcse maths whilst doing the access course?

Im doing Maths GCSE with my local collage one evening per week as well as the LD course. Im keeping up so far, as long as you stay focused on your end goal then it's deffinitely possible to juggle both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending