The Student Room Group

Should I get a repeat????????????

Im applying for dietetics in Surrey and Nottingham this year but I got a D in AS maths for all my modules. Should i get a repeat??

I got 7A* and 4As in GCSE which includes A in normal maths and an A* in further maths.
I also got an A in chem, biology and nutrition for AS but got a D in maths. I just had a complete mental block during the exam!!

I dropped maths because of the grade and planning to atleast repeat C1 and C2 (the easier ones) on June. Is this a good idea???
Original post by Jm562
Im applying for dietetics in Surrey and Nottingham this year but I got a D in AS maths for all my modules. Should i get a repeat??

I got 7A* and 4As in GCSE which includes A in normal maths and an A* in further maths.
I also got an A in chem, biology and nutrition for AS but got a D in maths. I just had a complete mental block during the exam!!

I dropped maths because of the grade and planning to atleast repeat C1 and C2 (the easier ones) on June. Is this a good idea???

Up to you. Its not essential. D you think you can improve and it wont take too much effort? If not then just disregard it and focus on your three to A2.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Up to you. Its not essential. D you think you can improve and it wont take too much effort? If not then just disregard it and focus on your three to A2.

C2 is a bit harder than c1 and so would take effort personally. If i repeat c1 and manage to get an A so that my module scores will be ADD would i get atleast a C? Thank u for ur help
Original post by Jm562
C2 is a bit harder than c1 and so would take effort personally. If i repeat c1 and manage to get an A so that my module scores will be ADD would i get atleast a C? Thank u for ur help

Have no idea if it would be a C. Youd have to look at the grade boundaries for an idea and then do the calulation.
Reply 4
Original post by Jm562

It won't help you in your course, and you are already are on target to get 3 very good A-levels. I'd be concerned resitting would be a distraction and could pull down your other 3 subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Jm562

If you can get 180UMS from the 3 units you would have a C.
Reply 6
Ive been doing past paper (solomon papers actually) for C1 and its going really well without any revision so I feel like I would be able to atleast do that and achieve an A. If i do achieve an A, i would be able to get atleast a C i think as it would total up to 180UMS. I kind of want to repeat it cos a C looks better than a D even though both are passes.

You know if you get a higher grade for your resit, what happens to your old modular grade? does ucas scrap that or is it still on your record i.e would universities know that you did better the second time?

also at Aug 2018 (when results for Alevel come), do u know if unis get all module grades or do they just get a statement saying she/he got an overall A/B/C/D whatever?
Reply 7
Original post by Jm562
Ive been doing past paper (solomon papers actually) for C1 and its going really well without any revision so I feel like I would be able to atleast do that and achieve an A. If i do achieve an A, i would be able to get atleast a C i think as it would total up to 180UMS. I kind of want to repeat it cos a C looks better than a D even though both are passes.

You know if you get a higher grade for your resit, what happens to your old modular grade? does ucas scrap that or is it still on your record i.e would universities know that you did better the second time?

also at Aug 2018 (when results for Alevel come), do u know if unis get all module grades or do they just get a statement saying she/he got an overall A/B/C/D whatever?

They just get the overall grade.

And yes you would also have to declare your original subject grade (but module grades are entirely optional).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Doonesbury
They just get the overall grade.

And yes you would also have to declare your original subject grade (but module grades are entirely optional).

Posted from TSR Mobile

does that mean if i do decide to take C2 ,put it on my ucas and got like a U in it (after realising i couldnt be bothered and therefore did no revision whatsoever) would unis know that?
Reply 9
Original post by Jm562
does that mean if i do decide to take C2 ,put it on my ucas and got like a U in it (after realising i couldnt be bothered and therefore did no revision whatsoever) would unis know that?

You would be putting a pending grade for the whole subject. And they would then get the result for the whole subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest