The Student Room Group

HELP

I just finished my IGCSE and I got a D in English, idk how. Most UK schools require you to have at least a C in English. What should i do?
Should I do some external exams the uni offers or a redo
retake it in college ?
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
retake it in college ?

the thing is that i want to go straight to uni. not college. Im doing IB btw
Original post by IssaMEME
the thing is that i want to go straight to uni. not college. Im doing IB btw

ok i'm confused , don't you do IB in college not at secondary school , right ?
Reply 4
ok i'm confused , don't you do IB in college not at secondary school , right ?

Im doing it in secondary school.
Im doing it in secondary school.

didn't even know that was possible
Reply 6
didn't even know that was possible

What would you do if you were in my situation? I really want to study at a good school, but my D in english will prevent me from doing that.
I got a B in english lit. and i got a D in englihs because my teacher was horrible
What would you do if you were in my situation? I really want to study at a good school, but my D in english will prevent me from doing that.
I got a B in english lit. and i got a D in englihs because my teacher was horrible

ok so to sum up your situation , u just finished yr 11 doing IB and want to got study at uni..... at 16 , i think there's something not quite right here
Reply 8
ok so to sum up your situation , u just finished yr 11 doing IB and want to got study at uni..... at 16 , i think there's something not quite right here

No no no, I just finished my IGCSe, im starting my IB and im thinking about my uni choices now. sorry about the confusion :frown:
No no no, I just finished my IGCSe, im starting my IB and im thinking about my uni choices now. sorry about the confusion :frown:

Resitting IGCSE English is your only option if you are in the UK.
Reply 10
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Resitting IGCSE English is your only option if you are in the UK.

I am not in the UK, i live in the EU. Some unis accept IELTS scores. Can that be an option for me?
I am not in the UK, i live in the EU. Some unis accept IELTS scores. Can that be an option for me?

In theory yes, but EU applicants are counted like UK ones, so you probably have to resit. I'd reccomend asking Unis if they would accept IELTS scores in your case.

oh ok , the best advice i have for you is to ask your college about retakes for language , if they dont have any retake exam spaces available just re sit it as a private candidate
Reply 13
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
In theory yes, but EU applicants are counted like UK ones, so you probably have to resit. I'd reccomend asking Unis if they would accept IELTS scores in your case.

I cannot thank you enough for this advice. Thanks a lot bro, hope to see you around here :smile: Have an amazing week
Reply 14
oh ok , the best advice i have for you is to ask your college about retakes for language , if they dont have any retake exam spaces available just re sit it as a private candidate

Thank you so much for the advice, it helped a lot. Have a great week dude:smile:
Thank you so much for the advice, it helped a lot. Have a great week dude:smile:

and yourself , gl with your retake aswell

Quick Reply

Latest