The Student Room Group

Drive by soaking

The other day I was driving in the rain in London, the roads were so busy and I had no choice but to splash a girl, we were driving 50mph on a dual carriageway and I had cars to the side of me.

Anyway, I honestly found it so amusing, like it felt so good. I felt a rush of power almost lol...I know that's awful, is it normal to feel like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by connorh92
The other day I was driving in the rain in London, the roads were so busy and I had no choice but to splash a girl, we were driving 50mph on a dual carriageway and I had cars to the side of me.

Anyway, I honestly found it so amusing, like it felt so good. I felt a rush of power almost lol...I know that's awful, is it normal to feel like this?

Enjoy your penalty points and fines.
Reply 2
Genuinely you cannot penalised if the situation was unavoidable. Either way, I am fine... lol
Reply 3
Genuinely you cannot penalised if the situation was unavoidable. Either way, I am fine... lol

I highly doubt it was unavoidable; you should not have driven through standing water at 50mph. If you were to be caught for this, you would get points and a fine for driving without consideration.

Don't do it again; splashing pedestrians makes you absolute scum. There's never an excuse.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
I highly doubt it was unavoidable; you should not have driven through standing water at 50mph. If you were to be caught for this, you would get points and a fine for driving without consideration.

Don't do it again; splashing pedestrians makes you absolute scum. There's never an excuse.

How does it make me scum to splash a pedestrian rather than cause a traffic accident?
Reply 5
How does it make me scum to splash a pedestrian rather than cause a traffic accident?

Driving through standing water at 50mph could cause an accident you pillock; you'd fail a driving test for it, that's for sure. Why on earth didn't you slow the hell down?
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
Driving through standing water at 50mph could cause an accident you pillock; you'd fail a driving test for it, that's for sure. Why on earth didn't you slow the hell down?

I slowed down, to around 30, but then a part of me did think whatever lets get this kid badly... just being honest.
Reply 7
I slowed down, to around 30, but then a part of me did think whatever lets get this kid badly... just being honest.

Good lord I hope for the sake of everyone else on the road that someone reported you and there's sufficient evidence to bring about a prosecution, that poor lass. People like you should have their licence shredded on the spot...
Reply 8
Original post by IWMTom
Good lord I hope for the sake of everyone else on the road that someone reported you and there's sufficient evidence to bring about a prosecution, that poor lass. People like you should have their licence shredded on the spot...
Still driving FYI :smile: I wouldn’t hesitate to soak someone like you, god you sound like a right nightmare
Still driving FYI :smile: I wouldn’t hesitate to soak someone like you, god you sound like a right nightmare

you did made the topic, you were bound to get replies like this and yeah I agree even if unavoidable you could've slowed down. you're probably a sociopath 🙄
Reply 10

This thread should be in Cars and Motoring - tagging @AngryJellyfish to get it moved.

Let's hope you skid off the road and write your car off, huh? :laugh:
Reply 11
Original post by 1Confused.child
you did made the topic, you were bound to get replies like this and yeah I agree even if unavoidable you could've slowed down. you're probably a sociopath 🙄

True, accepted. A little bit extreme to pretend I’m such a horrible person in my view by the other guy.

Many girls have called me a psychopath and sociopath so possibly some truth in it. I know things are wrong but frankly I couldn’t care less most of the time... That’s kind of why I wrote this post to see how common that is. I do feel emotion though I’m not a robot. TBH I’d rather say I can be a **** than say I have a personality disorder of some sorts.

When I graduated after a year I got to manage the grads. I used to be horrible to them, anything I could do to make their life worse I’d do lol. Possibly a slightly sociopath tendency.

Nowadays I’m great friends with the guys below me so grew out of that.
Reply 12
Original post by IWMTom
This thread should be in Cars and Motoring - tagging @AngryJellyfish to get it moved.

I have the car via company benefit they’d just replace it. You’re out of luck on that one :smile: Shame the world isn’t fair buddy.
Original post by IWMTom

Not Learning to drive? :mmm: Cheers for the tag. :laugh:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Not Learning to drive? :mmm: Cheers for the tag. :laugh:

That took me a while to get :rofl:
Original post by 1Confused.child

It's not a matter of could've. They SHOULD've slowed down regardless of the pedestrians. Hitting a pool of standing water at speed should always be avoided where possible...

Hit it with one side of the car and it will pull to that side with a lot of force. It can be quite a violent reaction at 30, never mind 50.

Hit it with both sides and you'll likely aquaplane unless you've slowed down, in other words, you'll loose virtually all control of the car because there's no grip between the tyres and the road, at which point you either luck out and the car stays on course, doing nothing but creating a bit of a splash, or you'll spin out and potentially cause a massive wreck, maybe even killing said pedestrian while you're at it.
Troll. How can you splash someone with cars either side of you? And also driving through water at 50mph, when it’s deep enough to splash someone, is incredibly dangerous and could have resulted in an accident.
Reply 17
Heard of the left hand lane MissSnazzter? I suppose in your world we can only drive in the middle lane... Talk about dumb.
That's not even ****ing funny or cool. Someone did that to me and I threw something at their car.
Reply 19
Planning my next adventure on the road, what else can I do?

Quick Reply

Latest