The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Personal statement

This thread had my personal statement in it and i didnt know you could get done for plagiarism i deleted it but is it too lat can someone delete this thread please?
(edited 6 years ago)
If that is your personal statement delete it immediately - you could get caught for plagiarism
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Don't post any part of your personal statement online. You will need to rewrite your whole personal statement now.
delete this quick
Reply 4
Original post by noor.m
delete this quick

It's too late, The Copycat software will already have archived it I would guess
Original post by M4cc4n4
It's too late, The Copycat software will already have archived it I would guess

I'm curious to know how that works
Reply 6
Original post by ArcaneMists
Don't post any part of your personal statement online. You will need to rewrite your whole personal statement now.

oops. Will i definitely have to rewrite the whole thing???
Reply 7
Original post by aninozaut
I'm curious to know how that works

is there anything i can do about it?
Original post by faheem112
oops. Will i definitely have to rewrite the whole thing???

Safest thing to do would be to rewrite the whole statement, but if you want to risk it you can reuse bits of it.
This thread had my personal statement in it and i didnt know you could get done for plagiarism i deleted it but is it too lat can someone delete this thread please?

The only thing you have to worry about is someone copying your PS, but other than that, there is no Google cache BS. You posting your PS on TSR has not been saved by UCAS.
I wouldn’t risk reusing it

You can request a removal of your cached personal statement on here. Simply login to your google account, and then paste the link to related page on the URL box. It might take a few days before the page gets deleted from Google search results.

Edit: Just in case you don't know how to get the link, search the first line of your personal statement on google, and then page will come up.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ze Witcher
The only thing you have to worry about is someone copying your PS, but other than that, there is no Google cache BS. You posting your PS on TSR has not been saved by UCAS.

You are incorrect, UCAS uses Google caches to check for plagiarism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
You are incorrect, UCAS uses Google caches to check for plagiarism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quoted from UCAS:

Each personal statement is checked against:
- a library of personal statements previously submitted to UCAS
- sample statements collected from a variety of websites
- other sources including paper publications

I don't see Google cache here? Also - they won't scan TSR for threads trying to find a new personal statement that randomely pop up. TSR has example PS's, but these new threads that pop up don't really count as example PS's.

I also posted my PS last year on TSR - nothing happened with plagiarism?
Quoted from UCAS:

Each personal statement is checked against:
- a library of personal statements previously submitted to UCAS
- sample statements collected from a variety of websites
- other sources including paper publications

I don't see Google cache here? Also - they won't scan TSR for threads trying to find a new personal statement that randomely pop up. TSR has example PS's, but these new threads that pop up don't really count as example PS's.

I also posted my PS last year on TSR - nothing happened with plagiarism?

Google Cache is what we understand forms a part of it, PS's are only safe in the Submitted PS reviews forum
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Google Cache is what we understand forms a part of it, PS's are only safe in the Submitted PS reviews forum

I posted sizable parts of my PS through new threads and my whole PS through, not only just the submitted forum, but also through messages - many times in fact. And I got 0% similarity?

Of course I deleted them, but wouldn't they have been cached?
(edited 6 years ago)

A rewrite is wise as others have said.

I think I reviewed this. This was in the PS help private forums.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending