The Student Room Group

UKCAT score

I got 623 in my UKCAT should I bother applying for Glasgow and Edinburgh?
Original post by Nelldog
I got 623 in my UKCAT should I bother applying for Glasgow and Edinburgh?

Edinburgh is very competitive. You can find their scoring criteria for offers online. You would need close to full marks for academics+personal statement+reference with that ukcat score. How are your academics (GCSE&Predicted), personal statement and sjt band? If those are very strong (full marks), it can compensate for a low ukcat score.
Reply 2
Original post by ArcaneMists
Edinburgh is very competitive. You can find their scoring criteria for offers online. You would need close to full marks for academics+personal statement+reference with that ukcat score. How are your academics (GCSE&Predicted), personal statement and sjt band? If those are very strong (full marks), it can compensate for a low ukcat score.

I got 6A's and 3B's at national 5 and 5A's at higher. Currently taking 3 Advanced highers. I got a band 3 in the SJT.
Original post by Nelldog
I got 6A's and 3B's at national 5 and 5A's at higher. Currently taking 3 Advanced highers. I got a band 3 in the SJT.

Looking at your stats, If I were you I would not apply Edinburgh. It is one of the most competitive medical schools because they do not interview anyone, so they only look for the best.
Reply 4
Looking at your stats, If I were you I would not apply Edinburgh. It is one of the most competitive medical schools because they do not interview anyone, so they only look for the best.

Is it still worthwhile applying for Glasgow/St Andrews?
Original post by Nelldog
Is it still worthwhile applying for Glasgow/St Andrews?

Not sure about Glasgow, but St Andrews seems viable.
Here is a link for further information:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths
Reply 6
Not sure about Glasgow, but St Andrews seems viable.
Here is a link for further information:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_toI'medical_School_using_your_Strengths

I'm thinking Aberdeen,St Andrews, Dundee and Glasgow might be my best options, since I can't apply for any English universities 🤔
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending