The Student Room Group
Original post by Ryanthom100
I'm trying to do college work on my computer, but my brain is literally trying to do everything to stop me doing so. This includes going on tsr haha. What can i do? I feel like i have lost all motivation to do college work. It's due in for tomorrow as well... I have felt like this since summer ended.

You lack discipline and are simply lazy.

If I may liken you to a pair of curtains: pull yourself together.
Original post by uberteknik
You lack discipline and are simply lazy.

If I may liken you to a pair of curtains: pull yourself together.

I ain't lazy tho that's the thing, i go to the gym a lot, do choirs, have a part time job now. I feel so ****ed :frown:
I ain't lazy tho that's the thing, i go to the gym a lot, do choirs, have a part time job now. I feel so ****ed :frown:

You are motivated to do those things with instant and visible rewards.

If that's how your brain works, you need to find stuff to reward your academic work and focus on the longer term / big picture.

Discipline is then about sticking to your work / reward structure without exception.
(edited 6 years ago)

It's absolutely lazy. Doing things you like and then using it as an excuse to not do things you don't like is lazy.

Try pulling that excuse when you get a real job and you have to pay bills.
give yourself rewards, if I can do this much work then I can have this
I'm a food junkie so chocolate always works for me looool
You are motivated to do those things with instant and visible rewards.

If that's how your brain works, you need to find stuff to reward your academic work and focus on the longer term / big picture.

Discipline is then about sticking to your work / reward structure without exception.

How can i reward myself by doing academic work tho...
How can i reward myself by doing academic work tho...

You like choirs and going to the gym. Make those activities your rewards.

No academic work progress, then no gym or choir.

Simples.
You like choirs and going to the gym. Make those activities your rewards.

No academic work progress, then no gym or choir.

Simples.

****, i meant *chores xD
****, i meant *chores xD

Reward is even easier then. :smile:
Reward is even easier then. :smile:

How?
How?

You'll figure it out I'm sure.
You'll figure it out I'm sure.

I probably wont :frown:

you go to the gym to do other things not actual work * wink wink*
Original post by lmaooome
you go to the gym to do other things not actual work * wink wink*

Wat u mean I go to the gym to do other things?
Wat u mean I go to the gym to do other things?

@ wot u sent in the gc
Original post by lmaooome
@ wot u sent in the gc

I'm sooo baffled, ur not making any sense. If ur talking about wat i said to fatima, i apologised...
Original post by ryanthom100
i'm sooo baffled, ur not making any sense. If ur talking about wat i said to fatima, i apologised...

the girl u took a pic of whilst @ the gym gosh there exposed
Ohhhhhhhhh xD. lool, it was so hard to resist tho haha.
I'm trying to do college work on my computer, but my brain is literally trying to do everything to stop me doing so. This includes going on tsr haha. What can i do? I feel like i have lost all motivation to do college work. It's due in for tomorrow as well... I have felt like this since summer ended.

Hey, don't listen to people who are telling you you are lazy. I am going through exactly what you are going through and I know why.

This lack of motivation has probably developed over time, and it's one of the symptoms of a mental illness. Laziness is not a thing, a lack of motivation is always caused by something more profound in the mind.

In my case, I suffer from depression. Now, a lot of people would say that even though they have a lack of motivation they don't feel depressed. You don't have to feel depressed to be suffering from depression, even a lack of motivation can be the sign.

If there are people in your instition that are there to help students psychologically, go see them just to check up that your mental state is OK, and be honest about how you feel about work and assignments.

No one is lazy, laziness isn't a thing, it's a lie. A lack of motivation, energy or effort to do a simple thing is not due to your character, but instead is to do with the state of your mind.

You may find yourself doing mindless tasks like playing video games or looking at social media, this is still not laziness and may be a symptom of depression where you are trying to distract youself from the problems you are facing in the real world.

Feel free to contact me if you want any further help,

Thanks,

Iointer

Latest