The Student Room Group
You can use it online but only on ones that accept them i.e ebuyer, amazon do.

I have one, but will be cancelling it soon.
Reply 2
Thanks. When i'm entering the card number do i include the spaces that occur every 4 digits?
iGurpreet
Thanks. When i'm entering the card number do i include the spaces that occur every 4 digits?

No.
Reply 4
Erm depends on the site.If it says it accepts Visa Electron,then youre fine :smile:
Play accept visa electron so you're fine.
iGurpreet

Most sites don't care, but a few need the spaces left out. I usually put the spaces in, tbh (I find it easier to check the number that way), but take them out if the site doesn't work that way.
What's your card number? I'll check it for you.
Reply 8
When it says electronic use only it means it can't be used at one of those places that just takes an impression of the card (they put it in this device and then rub over it and then it copys whats written on the card onto special paper) and then processes the payment later. Thats why the numbers are flat so that an impression of the card couldn't be made. There is pretty much no where that processes cards that way now anyway. The only time it might happen is if there was a major fault with a shops credit card processing system, they may take payment that way in which case you wouldn't be able to use your card even if they store accepted Visa Electron.
flipshot
When it says electronic use only it means it can't be used at one of those places that just takes an impression of the card (they put it in this device and then rub over it and then it copys whats written on the card onto special paper) and then processes the payment later. Thats why the numbers are flat so that an impression of the card couldn't be made. There is pretty much no where that processes cards that way now anyway. The only time it might happen is if there was a major fault with a shops credit card processing system, they may take payment that way in which case you wouldn't be able to use your card even if they store accepted Visa Electron.

reading the OP > reading just the title. end of.

OP, i have fixed your thread title to stop people doing what this guy did.
Tesco direct is the only site I've found not to accept my Visa Electron.
Reply 11
Even if you can't select "Visa Electron", it'll usually still work if you just select "Visa" instead
Reply 12
olileauk
reading the OP > reading just the title. end of.

:rolleyes:
Well I thought what he wrote was useful to know and still related to the topic.
It's not as if he was trying to answer the OP's question as it had been answered several times already.
Reply 13
i have visa electron can i use this in majorca spain?
Yes, but.....
It may be declined as shops dont always accept them. Credit cards are better.
You should also notify your bank to get a note put on to say you are going to be using it abroad fro x period or they could block it.
Give them your phone number so they cna contact you.
No, you can't
Original post by Mukhlesur Rahman
No, you can't

Hi there!

This thread is from 2009! In future please check dates before you post.

Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending