The Student Room Group

Scheduled and Awaiting Confirmation?

Hi hopefully I can get a response from a student finance official it really would be a great help - I've copied this from another thread as I think it was posted in the wrong place.

I'm probably being impatient but majority of people on my course (we're starting the 18th of this month) have has their individual loan statuses changed to "scheduled"

Now my homepage status says "payments scheduled" but individual payments status says "awaiting confirmation". Am I perhaps best contacting my course leader? I spoke to admissions who said wait until the 18th but its unfair if others on my course are ready to be paid and I'm behind - I'm rather worried as I do have rent to pay.

I'm just hoping I can get everything sorted ontime with my payments coming in when they're said to be. Makes everything a lot easier!

Thank you in advance!
Aimee 🙂

Scroll to see replies

Hi Aimee,

You loan would be approved if your payments are scheduled. When it shows as 'awaiting confirmation' it is indicating that we require the Confirmation of Registration (COR) from your Higher Education Provider (HEP).

When you start your course and complete your registration with them, they will send this over to us automatically and it can take 24 to 48 hours to update onto our payment system. We will then release your payment to you and it would be in your account within three to five working days.

Your payment status will show as 'in progress' or 'submitted', when your payment is on it's way to you.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi Aimee,

You loan would be approved if your payments are scheduled. When it shows as 'awaiting confirmation' it is indicating that we require the Confirmation of Registration (COR) from your Higher Education Provider (HEP).

When you start your course and complete your registration with them, they will send this over to us automatically and it can take 24 to 48 hours to update onto our payment system. We will then release your payment to you and it would be in your account within three to five working days.

Your payment status will show as 'in progress' or 'submitted', when your payment is on it's way to you.

Thanks

Hi Laura, Thanks for your response. What really confuses me is that others who haven't started the same course have had their statuses changed to "scheduled" which makes me feel behind in a sense. Why do you think this is the case for some others and not myself?
Reply 3
Hi, I applied for a post graduate loan. Six instalments were scheduled for two years. I have done one year already. This is meant to be my second year, however I have failed my last module which means that I won't proceed until I have passed a referral. Will this affect my loan payment due in a few says which is still awaiting confirmation?
Original post by Davaldo
Hi, I applied for a post graduate loan. Six instalments were scheduled for two years. I have done one year already. This is meant to be my second year, however I have failed my last module which means that I won't proceed until I have passed a referral. Will this affect my loan payment due in a few says which is still awaiting confirmation?

Hi Davaldo,

As we require confirmation of registration from your university to allow the payment to be made, when they send this will affect when you get the payment.

I'd advise checking with your university.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 5
Thanks for that Stuart but my main question is that since my progression to year 2 has been delayed pending resubmission, won't that change the scheduled payment dates for the Post grad loan?
Original post by Davaldo
Thanks for that Stuart but my main question is that since my progression to year 2 has been delayed pending resubmission, won't that change the scheduled payment dates for the Post grad loan?

Hi Davaldo,

The payment dates will only change if we receive a suspension notification. All scheduled payments would be effectively put on hold until we had then been advised that your studies has resumed.

Check with your university if they are going to submit a suspension notification.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 7
I applied for a loan and the information that I have been given was the information was being updated and this was on 10th October, then it changed to 1st November now it's 15th November. I would really appreciate any advice.Thanks Zac
Reply 8
I applied for a loan and the information that I have been given was the information was being updated and this was on 10th October, then it changed to 1st November now it's 15th November. I would really appreciate any advice.Thanks Zac
Original post by Zac10

Hi Zac, the processing timescales are only an estimate and do fluctuate on a daily basis depending on the volume of applications/post received daily.

You can private message us on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to look into this for you.

Regards, Aisha
Hi my payment status shows as scheduled. However on payment page shows awaiting confirmation? I am starting my third year which is a top up and classed as a new degree after my recently completed foundation. Everyone has recieved payment today apart from myself. I had late results as had to resubmit work could this be the cause of delay? On my student finance account it says they have all info needed from me. I recieved my pass results last week on friday...
Have you completed registration for direct entry to year 3?If you have completed this, it can take up to 48 hours for the university or college to submit the confirmation of attendance to student finance.The payment should be released within 3 - 4 days of the expected payment date under my finance in your account.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lauradixon1992
Hi my payment status shows as scheduled. However on payment page shows awaiting confirmation? I am starting my third year which is a top up and classed as a new degree after my recently completed foundation. Everyone has recieved payment today apart from myself. I had late results as had to resubmit work could this be the cause of delay? On my student finance account it says they have all info needed from me. I recieved my pass results last week on friday...

Hi,

If your payment still states awaiting confirmation this means that your university have not confirmed your registration on the course. You will need to speak to your university to make sure they send this over to us. Once we have this it will take 24/48 hours to update and then you will receive payment within 3-5 working days.

Thanks, Chanel
Hi Laura if my uni confirm I’ve registered this Friday when can I expect my payment to arrive from SFE? Thanks
Original post by Rguise9191
Hi Laura if my uni confirm I’ve registered this Friday when can I expect my payment to arrive from SFE? Thanks

Hi there,
If your online account under the 'Your Finance' http://ow.ly/hqFS30ptSwp section still states 'Awaiting Confirmation', we require your University to send Confirmation of Registration (CoR) electronically to us.

We will process this within 24-48 hours of receipt and then your online payment schedule will update, confirming the new payment date. The normal timescale once this is received is up to 5 working days to clear into your bank if a payment is due.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi. Can I just ask. My course starts on January 31st. What is all the information you need from my university for my maintenance loan and tuition fee to be paid? Do you need the course year I am in?
Original post by effie.lofthouse
Hi. Can I just ask. My course starts on January 31st. What is all the information you need from my university for my maintenance loan and tuition fee to be paid? Do you need the course year I am in?

Hi Effie, have you applied for finance? If so, what is the status of your application?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 17
Hi. I registered for my course weeks ago but it still says awaiting confirmation. Is this because they are waiting for confirmation for me attending the uni course because I don’t see why they wouldn’t say I registered when it was weeks ago?
Original post by EllaKB
Hi. I registered for my course weeks ago but it still says awaiting confirmation. Is this because they are waiting for confirmation for me attending the uni course because I don’t see why they wouldn’t say I registered when it was weeks ago?

Hi Ella,

If your online account under the 'Your Finance' http://ow.ly/hqFS30ptSwp section still states 'Awaiting Confirmation', we require your University to send Confirmation of Registration (CoR) electronically to us. Please ask them to send this through.

We will process this within 24-48 hours of receipt and then your online payment schedule will update, confirming the new payment date. The normal timescale once this is received is up to 5 working days to clear into your bank if a payment is due.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi,I have my loan approved by Student finance however, student finance have told me that they have not received confirmation of my registration.Imperial, my university, have said they do not have access to the student information system.How can I proceed here? My loan has been approved for over two months now

Latest

Trending

Trending