The Student Room Group

KPMG 360 School Leavers programme 2018

Hi. I thought I'd start a thread for the 2018 KPMG 360 applicants. Have any of you done the discovery program yet and if so, have you received anything about being fast tacked??

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying too :smile: I'm not sure when applications open though .
Reply 2
That makes 3 of us :colondollar: you should have received an email about being fast tracked if you were at Discovery
Original post by miz13
That makes 3 of us :colondollar: you should have received an email about being fast tracked if you were at Discovery

When did you receive your email? I haven't got one yet
Reply 4
When did you get your email from them? i was on discovery too and havent heard anything
Does anyone know if applications are open yet??
I didn’t do the discovery programme but want to apple for the 360 programme. Requirements are so low but of course its probably going to be hard to get in as they don’t recruit a lot
I just received my fast track email today
Reply 8
I recieved my email yesterday aswell. Seems like there was some restructuring with the recruitment process and we will be going straight to the assessment centre.
Still haven't received anything yet 😩😩
Reply 10
What office did you do work experience at?
I'm interested in applying to this programme but on the website it says
"There are currently no open positions matching this category or location", have I missed the deadline for applying or have applications not opened yet?! :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Which offices have you guys chosen? I chose Birmingham.

The applications haven’t opened yet.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey guys, decided not to do the school leaver programme. It isn’t flexible enough. It’s better to go to a good uni that requires AAA than school leavers. You get the same qualification as school leavers and plus a degree, and it’s only a year more. Plus if you go an msc as well you’re going to be a lot more experienced and your salary will be a lot higher. Although school leavers is good for the short run (no student debt, salary), salary wise and the role you’ll get it’s not good in the long run compared to uni. Plus the big accounting firms will want to use AI instead of a regular accountant, therefore there won’t be many roles. With a degree however it’s a lot more flexible in all the financial sectors. However this is only my opinion, I’m not telling anyone what to do but I researched in to this and this is what I think of it. The sponsor degree is good but you won’t get many holidays, and the ones are way too far for me. I plan to go to uni and apply for internships on the way, then do an msc.
Kpmg no longer run the Audit School leaver programme, as they’re no longer partnered with the university of Birmingham. If that’s what you are referring to.

Only the KPMG 360 and the KPMG 360 Digital this year.
However the 360 Digital does offer a degree but in Digital and Technology Solutions.
Original post by Hxychhh
What office did you do work experience at?

I did it at the London office but I want to apply for the Birmingham office.
Reply 16
Original post by Homestucktrash11
I'm interested in applying to this programme but on the website it says
"There are currently no open positions matching this category or location", have I missed the deadline for applying or have applications not opened yet?! :s-smilie::s-smilie:

The applications havent opened yet, The people that did work experience over the summer with KPMG get 1 weeks notice and get fast tracked. they open next week
Reply 17
Original post by Serafinapekila
I did it at the London office but I want to apply for the Birmingham office.

I did it at london too. Make sure to check all areas of your inbox because i got a deadline of the 3rd of october to submit the info tgey wanted.
Original post by Sadiqkhan14
Kpmg no longer run the Audit School leaver programme, as they’re no longer partnered with the university of Birmingham. If that’s what you are referring to.

Only the KPMG 360 and the KPMG 360 Digital this year.
However the 360 Digital does offer a degree but in Digital and Technology Solutions.

Yes I was aware of that, don’t know why that happened as it was successful! I was kind of referring to the big 4, pwc partnering with reading and Newcastle and Nottingham as well I think?

I was talking about Audit really. The 360 degree programme I feel isn’t enough. You can only do one role and that’s it, unless you undergo more training in the future which is more time and money. Whereas any financial degree is a lot better (not business studies though). You get a lot of options, for example accounting and finance you can practically do anything, you can become an economist, stock broker, corporate finance, investment banker, chartered accountant you name it. Yes fine the 360 programme you get work experience but you can get placements, internships and a lot more if you opt to go to uni. That is if you’re predicted AAA/AAB and get in to a good uni. If you’re predicted BCC which are the requirements then fine, go for the school leavers programme. You get a lot more opportunities if you go to a good uni like Warwick or Leeds. I’m not saying the school leaver programme is rubbish, it’s great. But talking in the future you’ll definitely be better off going to a good uni instead
Original post by Faizanasif
Yes I was aware of that, don’t know why that happened as it was successful! I was kind of referring to the big 4, pwc partnering with reading and Newcastle and Nottingham as well I think?

I was talking about Audit really. The 360 degree programme I feel isn’t enough. You can only do one role and that’s it, unless you undergo more training in the future which is more time and money. Whereas any financial degree is a lot better (not business studies though). You get a lot of options, for example accounting and finance you can practically do anything, you can become an economist, stock broker, corporate finance, investment banker, chartered accountant you name it. Yes fine the 360 programme you get work experience but you can get placements, internships and a lot more if you opt to go to uni. That is if you’re predicted AAA/AAB and get in to a good uni. If you’re predicted BCC which are the requirements then fine, go for the school leavers programme. You get a lot more opportunities if you go to a good uni like Warwick or Leeds. I’m not saying the school leaver programme is rubbish, it’s great. But talking in the future you’ll definitely be better off going to a good uni instead

The chances of you becoming an economist with an accounting and finance degree is minimal - dumb-nut. Do a more rigerous degree.

Quick Reply

Latest