The Student Room Group

CGP revision guide money troubles

I need to purchase revision guides for my subjects in school. I do 8 subjects and I need revision guides and workbooks for then but each book is nearly £10 each. the revision guides alone would cost me nearly £80 and then I have to pay a further £80 for the workbooks. Any advice of what I can do?
Second hand revision guides
Reply 2
Your school should sell them for cheaper but if not just buy second hand ones off Amazon or eBay.
Which ones do you need ?
Original post by roshanroy_7
Which ones do you need ?

I basically need one for every subject I do apart from Art.

I do the following subjects:
- Combined Science Higher tier (Edexcel)
- Maths higher tier (AQA)
- Food and Nutrition
- English (AQA)
- Music
- Citizenship Studies (AQA)
- History (AQA)
Original post by Exo9
Your school should sell them for cheaper but if not just buy second hand ones off Amazon or eBay.

School doesn't sell them but I'm worried about getting a 2nd hand one incase its got writing in it or its in bad condition
Sorry i had a few online editions of CGP AQA that i could of given you but it wouldn't be any help ( I only have Physics, Chemistry and biology). Sorry
Reply 7
Original post by SelGomezIsLife
School doesn't sell them but I'm worried about getting a 2nd hand one incase its got writing in it or its in bad condition

Normally it will say how the condition is, if you go on Amazon and eBay it explains whether it has writing or not and how good the quality it is. I don't think you've got anything to loose.
Original post by roshanroy_7
Sorry i had a few online editions of CGP AQA that i could of given you but it wouldn't be any help ( I only have Physics, Chemistry and biology). Sorry

Oh okay, no worries, thanks anyways :smile:
Lol it's a bit dumb that every subject in my school is AQA and then science has to be edexcel
Reply 9
Original post by Exo9
Normally it will say how the condition is, if you go on Amazon and eBay it explains whether it has writing or not and how good the quality it is. I don't think you've got anything to loose.

If it doesn’t match the description, Amazon will give you a refund.
Original post by Ishax
If it doesn’t match the description, Amazon will give you a refund.

Oh okay thanks, I'll have a look into it :smile:
there's some honestly genius YouTube channels that thought and explained so much more for my GCSEs (last yr) than the (often pretty useless) "revision guides" did , if u want my recommendations message me what GCSEs you take 😀:eyeball: :eyeball: :eyebrow:
Thanks, that sounds a more interesting way of revising. How did know which were the good you tube videos that taught you the correct information that you would need in the exam and if you don't mind me asking, what grades did you get? It's interesting to see what you can get in your GCSE exams from looking at you tube videos.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest