The Student Room Group

Realistic chances

Okay guys so I got an A in AS sociology and a D in AS history (among others). Now obviously for the A2 to have any chances of an A/A* I need the new modules, but also the AS units. I have all of my AS sociology notes intact but no actual AS history material. (My third is geography and I’m all but guaranteed an A* there). Could I realistically prepare and learn all of AS and A2 history in time for June, as well as revising AS sociology and learning A2 sociology? Again, my third subject does not weigh into this consideration.
Original post by alevel2018
Okay guys so I got an A in AS sociology and a D in AS history (among others). Now obviously for the A2 to have any chances of an A/A* I need the new modules, but also the AS units. I have all of my AS sociology notes intact but no actual AS history material. (My third is geography and I’m all but guaranteed an A* there). Could I realistically prepare and learn all of AS and A2 history in time for June, as well as revising AS sociology and learning A2 sociology? Again, my third subject does not weigh into this consideration.

With History you need to gain competence with the core material.

You need to write with greater clarity and get to the point. Your History essays are going to be in real trouble otherwise.

In answer to your question, then yes you can learn it all in a year, but you need to get moving. My suggestion is get some revision books to assist your notemaking and get them made now, so you can focus on improving your essay writing, which is what you need to improve for a better grade. You need to sort most of this out before Christmas.
Original post by alevel2018

Bro 999tigger knows his sh*t. If you do what he says, then you're guaranteed a decent grade.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
With History you need to gain competence with the core material.

You need to write with greater clarity and get to the point. Your History essays are going to be in real trouble otherwise.

In answer to your question, then yes you can learn it all in a year, but you need to get moving. My suggestion is get some revision books to assist your notemaking and get them made now, so you can focus on improving your essay writing, which is what you need to improve for a better grade. You need to sort most of this out before Christmas.

Thank you very much, very helpful indeed and the advice will be taken on board!
Reply 4
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Bro 999tigger knows his sh*t. If you do what he says, then you're guaranteed a decent grade.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest