The Student Room Group

How often do you wash your hair?

Basically I used to wash my hair everyday but since the start of year 12, I wash it every other day, cos I just couldn't be bothered to style it everyday uno.

Do you think it's gross if I washed it every two days? It's just, I'm sick of having to dry it and use product, especially since it holds it's shape pretty well, even after two days. So say I'll wash on Monday, on Wednesday night, the style will be pretty much intact....

IDK, my hair isn't really oily as such, it's pretty fine though :dontknow:

Do you wash your hair every other day or everyday or what...?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I know a few who wash their hair once a week :rofl:

I also wash my hair every other day because every day became way too much for me, so I think it's fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bulgylau
Basically I used to wash my hair everyday but since the start of year 12, I wash it every other day, cos I just couldn't be bothered to style it everyday uno.

Do you think it's gross if I washed it every two days? It's just, I'm sick of having to dry it and use product, especially since it holds it's shape pretty well, even after two days. So say I'll wash on Monday, on Wednesday night, the style will be pretty much intact....

I wash it every day. Because of the way I sleep it completely messes up my hair and it just feels so grimy
Washing it every other day is totally fine; if you wash it every day, your hair/scalp doesn't get the chance to produce natural oils and it can actually be detrimental. At least, that's what I tell myself when I'm too lazy to wash my hair every day :rofl:
Original post by ClearSky II
I know a few who wash their hair once a week :rofl:

I also wash my hair every other day because every day became way too much for me, so I think it's fine :smile:

Original post by Xopher_
I wash it every day. Because of the way I sleep it completely messes up my hair and it just feels so grimy

Original post by Sonechka
Washing it every other day is totally fine; if you wash it every day, your hair/scalp doesn't get the chance to produce natural oils and it can actually be detrimental. At least, that's what I tell myself when I'm too lazy to wash my hair every day :rofl:

what about every *TWO* days tho :beard:

I've also done that before, it's alright. Three is a bit much :giggle:
Once a week :redface: my hair takes ages to wash and it doesn't get greasy/ dirty quickly soo...

Depends if I have sport or physical activities though.
Reply 7

Two days is okay, for example if I wash it monday night and I don't have to go out on wednesday I wouldn't wash it tuesday night.
Reply 8
I'll wash it every other day. I used to leave it for a few days but it just doesn't cut it anymore. If I don't wash if every other day my hair just goes greasy and feels horrible.
It really depends on your hair type and the amount of oil your scalp produces.

I wash my hair every 3 to 4 days, with a few exceptions, like when I swim in a cholrinated pool or end up rolling in mud during Quidditch practice.

And in worst case scenario, invest in dry shampoo, since washing your hair that often is really bad for your natural oils and your scalp.
I normally wash my hair every day. It's quite long and naturally curly, and I can only comb it when it's wet. I can go one day at most without washing it, any more than that and it turns into a knotty mess :tongue:
I haven't washed my hair in a year.

Spoiler

Every other day of course
I've got oily hair so wash mine every other day, I can last another day with dry shampoo though
I shower and wash my hair every day. In the summer and hot weather, then twice a day is normal for me.

Washing daily is not a problem, just use good quality gentle products (no gimmicks or highly perfumed types) and make sure you rinse thoroughly.

I use Johnsons Baby and Dove Daily Care shampoo.
(edited 6 years ago)
I wash mine every other day. I have psoriasis so any longer and my head becomes itchy and my hair is oily. I also get more dandruff. Sometimes I need to do it every day if I have styled it and used products on it.

I've always washed my hair every other day because 1) my hair is fine as **** and if I wash it every other day it gets super fine and frizzy and is impossible to keep down 2) I have sensitive skin so having a shower every day make me get dry skin and 3) I dye my hair bright colours so having a shower every day washes out the colour really fast which obviously I want to avoid
I wash my hair twice a day usually. Once in the morning, so my hair is damp and easier to style and then once at night (when I shower) to get rid of the hair product, I only use conditioner in the morning, and both shampoo and conditioner at night.
Original post by MADMANMALIK
I only use conditioner in the morning, and both shampoo and conditioner at night.

interesting

I shower in the morning and at night, so twice a day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending